E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Advice - may be time to put her down...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Just curious - how old are the o2 sensors? Im wondering if fresh new sensors could help you pass, if the volume of air is marginally restricted. It may be a hail mary pass, but its a relatively cheap one compared to some other options.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by advancedlogic
Just curious - how old are the o2 sensors? Im wondering if fresh new sensors could help you pass, if the volume of air is marginally restricted. It may be a hail mary pass, but its a relatively cheap one compared to some other options.

My issue isnt how to pass emissions at the moment... wont be for another year. But changing the o2 sensors wont stop the SES light from being triggered by the Secondary Air System. They are a component that the system monitors but its unrelated to my issue unfortunately.

I am still extemely intrigued by the posting above about an NCS expert being able to set the car to "Euro" specs to bypass the system altogether since it seems as though it is a US or North American system only...
Old 09-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

I was doing more research on this problem as it's might hit me as well, so I guess if any shop has like Autologic or any other advance system it seems to me easy to do. You may want go Turner Motorsport, I guess they are in Boston area and it's not far from you. Give them call.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by phlfly
I was doing more research on this problem as it's might hit me as well, so I guess if any shop has like Autologic or any other advance system it seems to me easy to do. You may want go Turner Motorsport, I guess they are in Boston area and it's not far from you. Give them call.
May be worth the 2.5 hr drive... I have old college friends and some family in that area. I will call them this week and hope they can help me. If this could be as easy as a programming issue I would be psyched. It makes sense, if it truly is a North American thing that the car would have a "euro" setting to wipe out the need for the emissions system they have no use for across the pond.