E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Advice ASAP. Dealership damaged my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually when I drop off my car at the dealership, they always walk around and check anything that looks to be nicks or damages and I sign the paper, then I leave it with them. I have not have anything stolen from my car, but my SA always ask to take your belongings. They have a sheet for the car inspection, they should have given you one copy or kept one for their records. My SA did tell me that they had accidentally damaged a customers wheel and had to pay to fix it. Good luck with your case I do believe that they might have damaged your wheel and stolen your $400 dollar sun-glass. I still don't understand how they can mark up the sunglasses but $400.00 for a pair of nice sun-glass which is quite common if their your style and taste.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Members

I had a similar issue at my local BMW dealership here in Virginia. They send out a survey after a service has been performed and I blasted them on the survey. I think this immediately contacts BMW of North America or something because the Service manager contacted me via email and said he would do everything in his power to repair the damaged area on the front spoiler of my 2008 550i sport. My advice is for you to contact BMW of North America immediately via email and phone call and let them know exactly what has taken place.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Interesting. I have been to PACIFIC BMW of Glendale CA about 5 times in the past 6 months trying to get a few things fixed, and then to go back for them to fix what they tried to fix. #$%^$^#%#%$#&^&^%&^* Anyways, NOT once did I receive any survey asking for feedback on the sub par service I received from 1 specific SA, though the others were okaaay I guess. Maybe that was their way of bypassing BMW NA's radar regarding how one of them was trying to get me to pay for a covered warranty repair in the bill of $6000!! Shady..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Members

thanks for the advice guys, i drove there after work to talk to the service manager. I explained him what happened and i got him to pay for the damages to the rims. He is saying that he has to check his system on file if anyone took any information about the damage before the car was dropped off. So assuming he won't find anything of course they should be repairing my rims!

My sunglasses...thats another story, now i just know to really take everything out my car when i drop it off at the dealership, if i ever go back to one...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Contributors

Nice. Glad to hear they are willing to work with you!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by fivefeezy
Thanks for the reply! Someone def took it out for a joy ride because they requested the car to be road tested. Nice of them to retun the car to me with exactly 7 miles left in my reserve tank! I guess im gonna go talk to them in person and cause a scene.
wow.. this sucks to hear.. im glad there going to fix your wheel, but thruthfully a dealer like BMW shouldnt hire assholes that cant friggen drive! What the hell are we paying all this money for!? geez.. i had that happen to me once too, thankfully my son noticed the rim, and they ordered a new one for me right away.. It seems like they hire any retard with a drivers license and they dont teach them about respecting other peoples property.. people have no cooth i swear.. i hate jealous low lifes.. grrr.. im annoyed now
Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Contributors

I had the same problem and I had also left the dealership and noticed the problem later. After all, wouldn't it seem odd that I check the entire exterior of my car after they did work under the hood for only a couple of hours? Well, I learned my lesson. I ALWAYS check now and not only that I check after valet parking, especially. My dealer was cool about it and repainted both of my front rims that got curbed by some mouth breather in the shop.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i had a simnilar situation except that they scratched my bumper and side skirts. They apologize immediately but the thing was, they spot painted my stuff, drips everywhere, orange peel, overspray, didnt match color, painted over PDC. It was there 3 times before I decided to call BMW NA and BBB. Then they finally made it right. I would call BMW NA NOW!