E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Advice ASAP. Dealership damaged my car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

I came on here to ask anyone for advice on how i should proceed with my situation.

I dropped my car at BMW of San Francisco last week for 3 days to check on a battery problem. The car is out of warrenty BTW. Anyways I pick up the car, pay for the service, and leave Sat afternoon before they shut down. 20 mins later I'm at chevron and I noticed my front right rim has been curbed about 7 inches. These are some IForged rims with a polished lips so I noticed them right away! Since they are closed now I called my direct service guy I dealt with directly right away and leave a voicemail hoping he could return my call on Monday. I called him two this morning and still no call. I left a voicemail with the service manager and also still no call.

I also noticed that they stole my 400 dollar sunglasses straight out my glove box as well. I guess thats my fault for leaving those in there but I didn't think a BMW dealership would steal your stuff. Any advice on what action to take before I drive over there after work and have a discussion with them???? Thanks guys!!!

Nick
Old 04-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Members

$400 sunglasses you must need your eyes testing!!! Are you sure the rims are damaged or is it you prescription lenses
Old 04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i - Platinum Gray Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim | Sport | Premium | Cold Weather | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Ipod/USB | Sat Radio | HD Radio

Ugh! I'm sure the dealership is going to try to push of the responsibility since you didn't notice the rims when you picked up the car. I agree with you that one would expect that your personal belongings would be safe at a BMW dealership, but again I'm sure the dealership will not take responsibility for the sunglasses.

Best of Luck! I hope they at the very least will fix the damaged rim.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

I had a similar situation with my right front rim. I didn't notice it until after I left. I went back to them and they basically told me since I left the dealership they were not liable. There word against mine.

Another incident, I had them replace my front tires and learning from my first experience, I checked the car before I left. And of course, the side wall was cut on the right front tire for some reason and they did not even notice it. I reported this to them right away and they apologized profusely and had the tire replaced. They told they were going to check the cameras to see what happened. You can ask them if they have surveillance cameras and hopefully prove your case.

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by fivefeezy
Hey guys,

I came on here to ask anyone for advice on how i should proceed with my situation.

I dropped my car at BMW of San Francisco last week for 3 days to check on a battery problem. The car is out of warrenty BTW. Anyways I pick up the car, pay for the service, and leave Sat afternoon before they shut down. 20 mins later I'm at chevron and I noticed my front right rim has been curbed about 7 inches. These are some IForged rims with a polished lips so I noticed them right away! Since they are closed now I called my direct service guy I dealt with directly right away and leave a voicemail hoping he could return my call on Monday. I called him two this morning and still no call. I left a voicemail with the service manager and also still no call.

I also noticed that they stole my 400 dollar sunglasses straight out my glove box as well. I guess thats my fault for leaving those in there but I didn't think a BMW dealership would steal your stuff. Any advice on what action to take before I drive over there after work and have a discussion with them???? Thanks guys!!!

Nick
Nick,

When you brought your car in for service, did they inspect the car and document any damage to it? Though I HATE the stealership I've been to for the past few services (PACIFIC BMW OF GLENDALE, CA - ANYONE IN SO. CALIFORNIA PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE!!!!) they are good at documenting the condition of my car and show me the sheet that indicates bumper scratch, knick on wheel etc etc. That piece of paper would probably be your ONLY hope to make a claim. If not, we all know the BMW dealership is NOT going to give a rats ass about you...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Hey guys,

Nick
I HATE that dealership. When I lived in San Francisco, I had them service my E39 and they did such a bad job, I made the worst scene one day. The manager had to come out to calm me down. People turned around and left after seeing me so frustrated, unhappy and angry about their service. It was classic.

Anyway, it sounds like one of the Techs took your car for a joy ride while it was in there. I've heard of that happening. Any chance you know the mileage before you dropped it off and after. I monitor my mileage very carefully and note it to my SA before leaving my car with them.

Sorry man. I would go all the way up to the General Manager of the dealership, if you don't get a response. If that doesn't work, go in and raise bloody hell when they are busy. I did that at SF BMW and it worked for me. You can also file a complaint with the BBB of San Francisco and make the dealership aware of that.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Nick,

When you brought your car in for service, did they inspect the car and document any damage to it? Though I HATE the stealership I've been to for the past few services (PACIFIC BMW OF GLENDALE, CA - ANYONE IN SO. CALIFORNIA PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE!!!!) they are good at documenting the condition of my car and show me the sheet that indicates bumper scratch, knick on wheel etc etc. That piece of paper would probably be your ONLY hope to make a claim. If not, we all know the BMW dealership is NOT going to give a rats ass about you...
Nope, they didnt give me any documents or inspect the car for any damage at all.

Man, this isn't looking too good for me, I think i just took a loss for this one
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
I HATE that dealership. When I lived in San Francisco, I had them service my E39 and they did such a bad job, I made the worst scene one day. The manager had to come out to calm me down. People turned around and left after seeing me so frustrated, unhappy and angry about their service. It was classic.

Anyway, it sounds like one of the Techs took your car for a joy ride while it was in there. I've heard of that happening. Any chance you know the mileage before you dropped it off and after. I monitor my mileage very carefully and note it to my SA before leaving my car with them.

Sorry man. I would go all the way up to the General Manager of the dealership, if you don't get a response. If that doesn't work, go in and raise bloody hell when they are busy. I did that at SF BMW and it worked for me. You can also file a complaint with the BBB of San Francisco and make the dealership aware of that.
Thanks for the reply! Someone def took it out for a joy ride because they requested the car to be road tested. Nice of them to retun the car to me with exactly 7 miles left in my reserve tank! I guess im gonna go talk to them in person and cause a scene.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Contributors

Nope, they didnt give me any documents or inspect the car for any damage at all.

Man, this isn't looking too good for me, I think i just took a loss for this one
Though it doesn't look good, it doesn't hurt to be persistent and keep on trying until someone get's back to you. Document the times and dates of when you called and left messages. The worst that can happen is they say you are crazy lol.. but you never know, they may be be crazy themselves and give you some sort of compensation. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM
e6t
Senior Members

sorry, but this came to mind:

Quick Reply: Need Advice ASAP. Dealership damaged my car!