E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NE1 have an opinion on the Natural Brown interior choice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i SMG Jet Black/Beige Sport/Prem/Cold, comfort, split, shades.

Considering the two tone natural brown on my new ride, I haven't seen it yet. The MSport comes with anthacite headliner, does anyone have pics. I have been always partial to light interiors with and black exteriors. But I seen a carbon black 5er and I think I have a new favorite color.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:03 AM
ADD
Senior Members

I was in your camp with the light interior with black for a long time... My 99 528 was Jet Black over Sand.

I originally wanted the natural brown and Monaco Blue for my new ride, but couldn't locate that color combo with my must haves... stick with all three packages. Only six in the pipeline last August.

Ultimately, I went with my must haves, and compromised on the colors. I couldn't be happier with the black interior, and the anthracite headliner.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: April 2007 520D M Sport LCI. Automatic. Sunroof. BMW Bluetooth. Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Natural Brown Leather.

I have Deep Sea Blue exterior with Natural Brown leather interior - but its not two tone...... is this a new, or US only option?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:49 AM
Contributors

Isn't it a nightmare "living with" light interiors? You must surely be always vigilent with not allowing dirty shoes coming in and such like. Once you get dark marks on a light interior, I can't imagine you can ever get it out properly.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Contributors

^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

murders to keep clean, i admit light interiors look great, but for real world driving, they are a pain.
for me its the other way around...black interior, with white body, i wish i could have found a white E60 over here when i bought.
white is sooo in now.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Members

Hello. I have the Nat Brown interior with Carbon Black ext. It has not been hard to keep clean but I am very careful. The things that usually get really dirty like the steering wheel, arm rests on the center consol, carpets and floor mats are black. I am in my car alone 90% of the time and I sit on a t-shirt usually.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bob Slydel' post='803826' date='Feb 28 2009, 02:25 PM
Hello. I have the Nat Brown interior with Carbon Black ext. It has not been hard to keep clean but I am very careful.
There ya go though, you've said it's not hard to keep clean, but that's only because you're "very careful". Add a family or friends that regularly come with you on nearly every trip and don't be very careful, then you see shoe scuff marks and dirt of all kinds (and black stripes from shoes). I'm just speculating, I've never had a light interior so I don't know.

I just know that with a black interior, I'm never the slightest bit careful.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='803808' date='Feb 28 2009, 11:49 AM
Isn't it a nightmare "living with" light interiors? You must surely be always vigilent with not allowing dirty shoes coming in and such like. Once you get dark marks on a light interior, I can't imagine you can ever get it out properly.
True although my autoglym leather cleaner handles removing dirt and stains away quite well. I have a son attending primary one this year and its a daily job taking him to school and back. You can imagine what his shoes are like after school especailly now in winter where the grounds are muddy. My boy seems to love waking on mud by the way he comes back (shoes).

That said I am just careful and after he has left his shoe prints on the back of the front seats, I just clean it up. Seats are all clean. A bit of extra work is all it takes guys if you have the time though.

cheers

ps: Mine interior is the individual champagne leather with the black carpets. I love that mix.
Attached Thumbnails NE1 have an opinion on the Natural Brown interior choice-pict0004.jpg  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Beautiful!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='803867' date='Feb 28 2009, 04:18 PM
Beautiful!!!
+1 that champagne looks fantastic.

I'd love to have that colour combination but I couldn't bring myself to do it for my daily driver.
Maybe for a show car or a fine-weather sunday car. We don't all have the garage/driveway space to own 25 cars like dr_dave

Quick Reply: NE1 have an opinion on the Natural Brown interior choice