E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

N62 oil leaks .. Dallas .. shop recommendations ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 09:00 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i 6M
Model Year: 2004
Default N62 oil leaks .. Dallas .. shop recommendations ??

I have a 2004 545i - 137K miles - that is leaking a few noticeable drops towards the front of the engine every morning after sitting all night. I'm assuming it is time for all the usual gaskets to be changed (valve cover , timing cover). I have had the alternator o-ring and oil pressure switch replaced but not the other areas of concern.

I live in an apartment, so not the best DIY work environment.

Anybody recommend any shops in the Dallas area ?
Old 12-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Bimmer Motor Werks do most of my maintenance and warranty work including all of the engine seals a couple of years ago. They did great work and the former owners were very honest but I realized that they were relatively expensive for an independent. I don't think the same guys I dealt with are still running the operation. I moved to Fort Worth and found a small shop that charges about 70% of what the other shop charged...DFW Automotive. They are just getting started and it's 3 guys with one being a former certified BMW mechanic. They fixed my 550i when i had screwed up wiring and throttle body issues for less than half of what the dealership was estimating. Also did something where the car drives absolutely fantastic now, no lagging and it's in the correct gear more often...programming update? Either way, the will give you a quick quote over the phone.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:48 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i 6M
Model Year: 2004

Thanks Jim165. I'll give them a call