E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

N62 AGA Valve Stem Replacement Tools For Sale

Old 07-31-2014, 07:40 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Sapphire Black Met 545i
Default N62 AGA Valve Stem Replacement Tools For Sale

I have a used AGA Valve Stem seal replacement tool kit for sale. I used this about 4 weeks ago to replace the valve stem seal in my '04 545i. This tool set allows you to replace the seals without pulling the cams or chains and is very simple to use if you are handy with a wrench. This completely cured the smoking and oil consumption on my car. I also have a couple of extra keepers I'll throw in with the kit. $650 shipped or best offer.

The link to the URL for this kit from the manufacturer is here: https://www.agacoolantpipe.com/produ...stem-seal-tool

N62 Valve Stem Seal Complete Tool Kit
Problem: You have a smoking BMW due to bad valve stem seals. The valve stem seal problem is that the old valve stem seal becomes hard over time and doesn’t provide the proper seal between the seal and stem. This allows oil to pass through and enter the combustion chamber and exhaust. In addition, the old style seal does not seal on the inside to the guide, like the newer updated style seal. This creates an oil pocket underneath the seal that oil can accumulate in and make the problem worse. The oil consumption here is bad for a lot of different reasons. Obviously smoking, but also decreased cat life and blockage of secondary air ports. We’ve seen a number of cars that have set CAT inefficiency codes and these codes can go away if you replace the seals if done in time.

Solution: Perform the Valve Stem Seal Repair without removing the intake or exhaust cams by using the AGA N62 Valve Stem Seal Tool Kit. This repair not only saves you hours of labor but also eliminates having to have thousands of dollars invested in Cam timing tools. This is one of the few tools a shop can buy and recover the cost already on the 1st job performed.

Benefit: Eliminates smoking from exhaust, reduces risk of damaging cat converters and plugging secondary air injection. It also allows the car to pass Smog. No need to remove Intake or exhaust cams. No need to buy expensive valve timing tool. No risk of setting the cam timing wrong.

Thanks