E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Bmw 530xi
Default HVAC problems

so i recently purchased an 07 530xi with the N52, the problem i’m having is that i only get hot heat from the center outside vents, cool air from the middle center vents, cold air from the center defroster, hot air from outside defrosters pointing to the driver and passenger front windows, if i close the vents to make air only come from the center vents they’re a little warmer but not warm at all, if i have just the heat blowing to by feet the air is hot, and the only time i get cold air is on MAX turning the dials when the “heat” is blowing the temperature does not chance i had a similar problem with an audi that i had, and replaced the heater control valve and that fixed it, however i replaces that on this car and to no avail, if anyone had any input i would really appreciate it
Old 01-08-2018, 07:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

I can say this. The hvac system really sucks in these cars, there are so many hvac doors to deal with, besides the fact that it may not be getting as hot as it should. These cars don't seen to run hot anyway, with an electric water pump, it's all modulated thru the ecu, a he only thing you can make sure is all your setting in the idrive are hot,
Old 01-14-2018, 10:33 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 550i
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by quinnc30
so i recently purchased an 07 530xi with the N52, the problem i’m having is that i only get hot heat from the center outside vents, cool air from the middle center vents, cold air from the center defroster, hot air from outside defrosters pointing to the driver and passenger front windows, if i close the vents to make air only come from the center vents they’re a little warmer but not warm at all, if i have just the heat blowing to by feet the air is hot, and the only time i get cold air is on MAX turning the dials when the “heat” is blowing the temperature does not chance i had a similar problem with an audi that i had, and replaced the heater control valve and that fixed it, however i replaces that on this car and to no avail, if anyone had any input i would really appreciate it
you need to read the manual how the 2 center vents operate. They have independent temperature control that is accessible to you when you press the auto or individual temperature control buttons. Then you can use i-drive rotary knob to lower or raise it. I hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:26 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 Bmw 530xi

Originally Posted by tpaxadpom
you need to read the manual how the 2 center vents operate. They have independent temperature control that is accessible to you when you press the auto or individual temperature control buttons. Then you can use i-drive rotary knob to lower or raise it. I hope this helps.
the strange thing is that the driver side of the center 2 vents is warmer than the passenger side, which is cold, also when it’s on auto it just switches from defrost back to vents, then defrost, then vents and so on