E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

mystic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Mystic Blue is great. I wanted something other than "standard issue," and an Orient Blue will look black in lower light. Mystic looks darker, but not black. In the sun it glows. My dealer warned me about how bright it is, and actually made me wait while they drove a different mystic 5-er from the warehouse: when I saw it, it just confirmed that I needed one. I have never regretted it.

I think the bold color is the difference between people saying "hey, that car looks new and cool" and saying "holy crap, look at that amazing car!" and honking and waving. As I drove past a teenage kid in a residential neighborhood when my car was 2 days post-delivery, the kid yelled "Hey Mister, that's a beautiful car!" My thoughts exactly. People on the road really did honk and wave when mine was fresh. Ahhhh, the good old days.

I don't see why it needs more washing than Orient Blue, for example.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Originally Posted by tab545' post='237301' date='Feb 9 2006, 10:04 AM
Mystic Blue is great. I wanted something other than "standard issue," and an Orient Blue will look black in lower light. Mystic looks darker, but not black. In the sun it glows. My dealer warned me about how bright it is, and actually made me wait while they drove a different mystic 5-er from the warehouse: when I saw it, it just confirmed that I needed one. I have never regretted it.

I think the bold color is the difference between people saying "hey, that car looks new and cool" and saying "holy crap, look at that amazing car!" and honking and waving. As I drove past a teenage kid in a residential neighborhood when my car was 2 days post-delivery, the kid yelled "Hey Mister, that's a beautiful car!" My thoughts exactly. People on the road really did honk and wave when mine was fresh. Ahhhh, the good old days.

I don't see why it needs more washing than Orient Blue, for example.
Well does it need more washing? My original car which I sent back because of damage, was Oriental Blue. It appeared as though the Orient was dirty even though it had just been washed.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='237342' date='Feb 9 2006, 10:59 AM
Well does it need more washing? My original car which I sent back because of damage, was Oriental Blue. It appeared as though the Orient was dirty even though it had just been washed.
I just don't think so. It's a lighter than Orient, so it does forgive some dust more than those dark colors. Sure, it looks great all clean, and crappy dirty, and silver hides white dust best of any color; but I don't think it's bad at all, and it's better than black or navy.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

I have never seen Mystic Blue yet but have seen Interlagos Blue on an M5.

How do the two compare?

From what I can remember about Interlagos and comparing it to the pictures in this thread, the Interlagos seems to have a hint of purple and a somewhat pearlescent effect while Mystic has a more metallic look.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

[[/quote]
I just don't think so. It's a lighter than Orient, so it does forgive some dust more than those dark colors. Sure, it looks great all clean, and crappy dirty, and silver hides white dust best of any color; but I don't think it's bad at all, and it's better than black or navy.
[/quote]

Sorry to say, buy by experience the Mystic Blue shows all dust, as well as an black car.

For lazy washers the Silver or Titanimun Grey is a must.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Originally Posted by Ricracing
[
[/quote]

Sorry to say, buy by experience the Mystic Blue shows all dust, as well as an black car.

For lazy washers the Silver or Titanimun Grey is a must.
[/quote]

rats.... :thumbsdown: