E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

mystic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:08 AM
GPS
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Znod' post='234588
mystic blue is a killer colour, but please don't call it "MB" in this forum! It's disgreced acro[s]nym!
Smile when you say that partner. MBlue not = MB. Anyway, we like and respect MB's here. Well, at least I do.
[/quote]

hey, just a little pun! certainly didn't mean to non-PC
Old 02-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

Yup it's a great colour!

mystic Blue-img_6146.jpg
Old 02-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The Mystic Blue is a mystic color. It changes a lot depending on the light.

My previous E60 was MB and I loved it.

The Titanium Gray I have now, never looks dirty in the summertime, though.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by GPS' post='234591
Originally Posted by GPS' post='234585' date='Feb 4 2006, 07:39 AM
mystic blue is a killer colour, but please don't call it "MB" in this forum! It's disgreced acro[s]nym!
Smile when you say that partner. MBlue not = MB. Anyway, we like and respect MB's here. Well, at least I do.
hey, just a little pun! certainly didn't mean to non-PC
[/quote]
I was just kidding; I understood. No problem here. Just early morning play.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Originally Posted by converted2bmw' post='234604' date='Feb 4 2006, 09:36 AM
Yup it's a great colour!

Attachment 15066
Thanks...when I see your ride I am reassured.....it will all be ok...
Old 02-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='234587' date='Feb 4 2006, 07:45 AM
Nobody told me I would have to work at keeping it clean...I actually thought the Mystic Blue would be easier than the Monaco or the Black...stupid me.

How often am I going to need to wash the car? I do have a auto detailing car wash nearby. I am almost afraid to ask, is brushless car wash out of the question? (you know I am a newby now)
It probably won't be quite as bad Monaco or Black. There is no way to say how often one will need to wash. That will depend on where you live and how long you can stand your car looking dirty. I don't do it, but it certainly would hurt to wash my black Z06 weekly--even in Phoenix.

I don't think that a brushless is out of the question, but in the long run it might take some clear coat off. Currently, I am using brushless. My wife and I alternate taking our cars along with good drying towels, etc., to the brushless. But, on the other hand, except for the Z06 we hardly have to wash our cars more frequently than every several months because we do some cleaning chores daily--California-duster dusting, quickie wheel cleaning with big beach towels and quick detailer, and cleaning off obvious road crud, especially in the lower areas, with quick detailer. On the way home from a brushless, it is a good ideal to stop a few times and dry the water that blows out of the mirror, cracks, etc., onto the car.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i 6speed white/black comfort seats,l7,nav,sat,m-tech

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='234535
It has been 3 weeks since I ordered my 530i Mystic Blue car. I have an estimate of 2-16 for the car arriving in NJ. (who knows what that means in ultimate arrival) It is now difficult for me to remember what my car was supposed to look like...I feel like a fellow having ordered a mail order bride...and forgetting what she looks like..

I look at the various pictures of other MB BMWs and wonder if it is the light or did I make a big mistake buying something other than the boring muted colors that pass for fashion these days. Everyone I know has either a silver car or a gray car. The Mystic Blue looked good but in the internet it seems sometimes to look a little cheap or gaudy.

I need some support out there folks... I explained to my dealer that I was having buyers remorse but had not yet gotten the car.

Looking longingly at all your cars....

My future ride: 530i, Auburn leather, sport package, nav, premium, was born on 1-25-06

Hey, you're not getting any support from a guy with the "boring muted colors that pass for fashion . . . silver car or a gray car."

Mystic blue is sometimes cool.
But who knows whose,
It, most of the time, gives me the blues.

I feel a war starting between the blue/black/white camp and the "boring muted colors" camp.
[/quote]

As for younger or older I am not sure what I am considered at this point. However, I have owned my white car since I was 27( now I am 29). The reason I chose white is because I really think it makes the e60 look much more sporty and striking than other colors. I actually bought one 2000 miles away from my house because the combo I wanted was hard to find. I would not agree that white is boring muted color. With that being said, I think the metalics are always sharp. Especially mystic blue and black sapphire. I would love to see one in Ruby Black
Old 02-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='234587' date='Feb 4 2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks for all the feedback and support from you all out there....both the Gray/Silver crowd as well as the younger bolder set...I must have made a mistake because I fall into the older and bolder crowd.... ;-)

Nobody told me I would have to work at keeping it clean...I actually thought the Mystic Blue would be easier than the Monaco or the Black...stupid me.

How often am I going to need to wash the car? I do have a auto detailing car wash nearby. I am almost afraid to ask, is brushless car wash out of the question? (you know I am a newby now)

Just to tell you my story, I was planning on buying a simple safe RL or M35 with all the fancy tech inside. I thought to be fair I should look at the E60 but wasn't seriously considering it unitl I took the test drive. At that point all reason went out the window.

Thanks for your support and understanding.
fenstermaker, I have not so good news I wash mine once a week religiously...the car shows dust even the day after you wash it...
I had white cars for many years and I can't compare between both colors. I love the Mystic!!! it is a beautiful color but so much difference when it comes to keeping clean.

The brushless wash sounds like a solution but it isn't....to keep this color nice and shiny, this baby need more attention IMO.

My next car will be white I think
Old 02-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='234640
Thanks for all the feedback and support from you all out there....both the Gray/Silver crowd as well as the younger bolder set...I must have made a mistake because I fall into the older and bolder crowd.... ;-)

Just to tell you my story, I was planning on buying a simple safe RL or M35 with all the fancy tech inside. I thought to be fair I should look at the E60 but wasn't seriously considering it unitl I took the test drive. At that point all reason went out the window.

Thanks for your support and understanding.
fenstermaker, I have not so good news I wash mine once a week religiously...the car shows dust even the day after you wash it...
I had white cars for many years and I can't compare between both colors. I love the Mystic!!! it is a beautiful color but so much difference when it comes to keeping clean.

The brushless wash sounds like a solution but it isn't....to keep this color nice and shiny, this baby need more attention IMO.

My next car will be white I think
[/quote]

Bummer
Old 02-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Mystic Blue, What can I say but
Attached Thumbnails mystic Blue-img_0205_s.jpg   mystic Blue-img_0206_s.jpg  

Quick Reply: mystic Blue