E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

mystic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hehe... well.. I just mean I personally see it as similiar to other bold colors such as Red or Yellow. Those types of colors stand out more compared to the standard black/gray/white colors. Thinking like that, then age has nothing to do with it, however, it just seems like the younger crowd goes for the bold colors. Whatever makes you happy!

These 'bold' colors are definitly more of a b!tch to keep clean though... but when clean they do look awesome!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='234525' date='Feb 4 2006, 12:00 AM
Hehe... well.. I just mean I personally see it as similiar to other bold colors such as Red or Yellow. Those types of colors stand out more compared to the standard black/gray/white colors. Thinking like that, then age has nothing to do with it, however, it just seems like the younger crowd goes for the bold colors. Whatever makes you happy!

These 'bold' colors are definitly more of a b!tch to keep clean though... but when clean they do look awesome!
Nice fake, hip swivel, stiff arm, and score. Maybe the younger crowd simply is not yet fed up with keeping bold colors clean. That's one of the rules I am talking about. Never buy a bold color. I keep breaking the rules though. My hobby is the black Z06. AARRRGGGG. I am sure I have learned this rule now.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='234509' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:17 PM
It has been 3 weeks since I ordered my 530i Mystic Blue car. I have an estimate of 2-16 for the car arriving in NJ. (who knows what that means in ultimate arrival) It is now difficult for me to remember what my car was supposed to look like...I feel like a fellow having ordered a mail order bride...and forgetting what she looks like..

I look at the various pictures of other MB BMWs and wonder if it is the light or did I make a big mistake buying something other than the boring muted colors that pass for fashion these days. Everyone I know has either a silver car or a gray car. The Mystic Blue looked good but in the internet it seems sometimes to look a little cheap or gaudy.

I need some support out there folks... I explained to my dealer that I was having buyers remorse but had not yet gotten the car.

Looking longingly at all your cars....

My future ride: 530i, Auburn leather, sport package, nav, premium, was born on 1-25-06
Hey, you're not getting any support from a guy with the "boring muted colors that pass for fashion . . . silver car or a gray car."

Mystic blue is sometimes cool.
But who knows whose,
It, most of the time, gives me the blues.

I feel a war starting between the blue/black/white camp and the "boring muted colors" camp.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='234535' date='Feb 4 2006, 01:28 AM
Hey, you're not getting any support from a guy with the "boring muted colors that pass for fashion . . . silver car or a gray car."

But who knows whose,

I feel a war starting between the blue/black/white camp and the "boring muted colors" camp.
B32, have you seen the latest of the "Our Fearless Forecasts Thread?" There is a new leader. And, what makes you think a war is starting? I plead quilty to being a boring muter or mutant.
Attached Thumbnails mystic Blue-gallery_2967_537_35187.jpg  
Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Znod' post='234538

But who knows whose,

B32, have you seen the latest of the "Our Fearless Forecasts Thread?" There is a new leader. And, what makes you think a war is starting? I plead quilty to being a boring muter or mutant.
[/quote]

Sure did . . . I was just trying to start some trouble/controversy, that's all.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

I have the mystic blue color and I love it (when it's clean ) When I bought mine I considered silver grey and the mystic blue. I went for mystic blue because of that I had a grey E39 before. I think the mystic blue color looks gorgeous and I would go for that. I post a picture. Let me know what you think. Be the way: welcome to the forum!
Attached Thumbnails mystic Blue-mystic_blue_side2.jpg  
Old 02-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='234543
I have the mystic blue color and I love it (when it's clean ) When I bought mine I considered silver grey and the mystic blue. I went for mystic blue because of that I had a grey E39 before. I think the mystic blue color looks gorgeous and I would go for that. I post a picture. Let me know what you think. Be the way: welcome to the forum!
Well, I think your MBlue is gorgeous. Why does most of your town look blue too?
Old 02-04-2006, 03:39 AM
GPS
Contributors

mystic blue is a killer colour, but please don't call it "MB" in this forum! It's disgreced acro[s]nym!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Members

My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

Thanks for all the feedback and support from you all out there....both the Gray/Silver crowd as well as the younger bolder set...I must have made a mistake because I fall into the older and bolder crowd.... ;-)

Nobody told me I would have to work at keeping it clean...I actually thought the Mystic Blue would be easier than the Monaco or the Black...stupid me.

How often am I going to need to wash the car? I do have a auto detailing car wash nearby. I am almost afraid to ask, is brushless car wash out of the question? (you know I am a newby now)

Just to tell you my story, I was planning on buying a simple safe RL or M35 with all the fancy tech inside. I thought to be fair I should look at the E60 but wasn't seriously considering it unitl I took the test drive. At that point all reason went out the window.

Thanks for your support and understanding.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GPS' post='234585' date='Feb 4 2006, 07:39 AM
mystic blue is a killer colour, but please don't call it "MB" in this forum! It's disgreced acro[s]nym!
Smile when you say that partner. MBlue not = MB. Anyway, we like and respect MB's here. Well, at least I do.

Quick Reply: mystic Blue