E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

mystic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: mystic blue 530i, auburn dakota, sport, nav, cold, dob 1-25-2006

It has been 3 weeks since I ordered my 530i Mystic Blue car. I have an estimate of 2-16 for the car arriving in NJ. (who knows what that means in ultimate arrival) It is now difficult for me to remember what my car was supposed to look like...I feel like a fellow having ordered a mail order bride...and forgetting what she looks like..

I look at the various pictures of other Mystic Blue BMWs and wonder if it is the light or did I make a big mistake buying something other than the boring muted colors that pass for fashion these days. Everyone I know has either a silver car or a gray car. The Mystic Blue looked good but in the internet it seems sometimes to look a little cheap or gaudy.

I need some support out there folks... I explained to my dealer that I was having buyers remorse but had not yet gotten the car.

Looking longingly at all your cars....

My future ride: 530i, Auburn leather, sport package, nav, premium, was born on 1-25-06
Old 02-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by fenstermaker' post='234509' date='Feb 3 2006, 10:17 PM
It has been 3 weeks since I ordered my 530i Mystic Blue car. I have an estimate of 2-16 for the car arriving in NJ. (who knows what that means in ultimate arrival) It is now difficult for me to remember what my car was supposed to look like...I feel like a fellow having ordered a mail order bride...and forgetting what she looks like..

I look at the various pictures of other MB BMWs and wonder if it is the light or did I make a big mistake buying something other than the boring muted colors that pass for fashion these days. Everyone I know has either a silver car or a gray car. The Mystic Blue looked good but in the internet it seems sometimes to look a little cheap or gaudy.

I need some support out there folks... I explained to my dealer that I was having buyers remorse but had not yet gotten the car.

Looking longingly at all your cars....

My future ride: 530i, Auburn leather, sport package, nav, premium, was born on 1-25-06
Mystic Blue was a color I was considering, but decided on Sapphire Black for my latest 5. I think the pictures don't do MB justice on the internet. You need to look at it in person. For me, I almost went with Orient Blue, but said, might as well go black. If you want something that is not muted and stands out, Mystic is a great choice. It is definitely blue. You won't be scratching your head about the color. The Auburn Interior is also a very nice touch. Again, it will make the car stand out more as well.

So, for a BMW, you will have one stand out car, IMHO. I don't think you will be dissapointed. You should congratulate yourself on not going with the typical Silvers, Greys, or Blacks. Besides, for this type of car, you should pick what you want, not what others make popular. If it makes you happy, then that is all that matters.

Be sure to post pictures when your new ride arrives!

Regards, Mike.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Welcome mehall2! Cool color You remind me of myself while I was waiting for my baby I bought it without actually seeing one except for older model 3 series. You are going to love it (except for the cleaning part). I get many compliments all the time. I also get lots of from drivers passing by...
good luck excellent choice!
Old 02-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Welcome, and mystic blue is a gorgeous color coming from a plain old silver gray guy. Congrats on you car, and keep hanging out here.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Mystic Blue rocks! Definitly a color for the 'younger' crowd IMO.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='234516' date='Feb 3 2006, 11:36 PM
Lomag, are you trying to tell us something?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by mehall2' post='234511
If it makes you happy, then that is all that matters.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='234517
Lomag, are you trying to tell us something?
[/quote]

Ya, Lomag, or you suggesting that because I have picked Greys and Blacks for my vehicles, I am of a certain vintage?

When I look in the mirror, I still see the 21 year old guy looking back, but when others look at me, they see a 41 year old guy. Getting old, sucks, but at least I can afford my toys!

Regards, Mike.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

Mystic Blue is a nice color, but as someone said about black sapphire, it's less a color and more of a hobby ... nearly impossible to keep clean and shiny.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='234520
When I look in the mirror, I still see the 21 year old guy looking back, but when others look at me, they see a 41 year old guy. Getting old, sucks, but at least I can afford my toys!

Regards, Mike.
Lomag is acknowledging that he needs to sell his car. And, getting older doesn't suck. The only bad thing is that about the time you've learned all the important rules you don't need to know any of them any more.

Quick Reply: mystic Blue