E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MY2008 Sport Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper
Angry

Did anyone else notice this fine print in the latest BMW Mag with the 550i Sport article...

"The optional Cold Weather Package adds a heated steering wheel(2), as well as heated front and rear seats."

This is significant (in my mind) for two reasons if this is true:

1. No heated steering wheel until June 2007 production (that's what the "2" says at the bottom of the page;

and

2. Heated rear seats are now part of the CWP. Makes me wonder if (and presume) the CWP price has gone up.

Can anyone verify this info???

If the CWP does not include a heated steering wheel, I won't order one yet (if at all... I'm still barfing over those front turn signals).

RR
Old 03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Originally Posted by Road Runner' post='398393' date='Mar 4 2007, 02:18 PM
Did anyone else notice this fine print in the latest BMW Mag with the 550i Sport article...

"The optional Cold Weather Package adds a heated steering wheel(2), as well as heated front and rear seats."

1. No heated steering wheel until June 2007 production (that's what the "2" says at the bottom of the page;

and

2. Heated rear seats are now part of the CWP. Makes me wonder if (and presume) the CWP price has gone up.

If the CWP does not include a heated steering wheel, I won't order one yet (if at all... I'm still barfing over those front turn signals).

RR
Per BMW's price list:

550i ZCW Cold Weather Package:
248 Heated steering wheel
464 Ski bag
494 Heated front seats
502 Retractable headlight washers
$900 MSRP

"The rest of the 5-series" ZCW Cold Weather Package:
248 Heated steering wheel
494 Heated front seats
502 Retractable headlight washers
$750 MSRP

496 Heated rear seats is still a $350 MSRP option, and ZCW is still required. There's no mention of any delay in the availability of either ZCW or a heated steering wheel.

Perhaps the magazine was printed before BMW firmed up the packages or their availability.

Lou
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Road Runner' post='398393' date='Mar 4 2007, 02:18 PM

and

RR
In USA it includes the following :
(ZCW) - COLD WEATHER PKG: (248) Heated Steering wheel (494) Heated Front seats (502) Headlight washers

496 is heated rear seat , it is an extra option(msrp $350 inv $320), This is not stand alone option, It needs ZCW pkg and leather seats too)
Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Originally Posted by BMWSTL' post='398400' date='Mar 4 2007, 03:46 PM
Per BMW's price list:

Perhaps the magazine was printed before BMW firmed up the packages or their availability.

Lou
Yes, I've also seen the price sheet. My guess is either a) you're right and the mag was printed before the price list (probable anyway); and/or b) there really is a delay in the heated steering wheel - for whatever reason; or c) someone was careless in editing (or authoring) the article and missed the footnote.

I kind of suspect the latter since I find it hard to believe that BMW would include heated rear seats in the CWP period. However, if you read the article I don't see any other way to interpret that sentence. The article is of course one-sided about how great the new 5er is (as one would expect it to read). So, I'm figuring maybe the article was translated from German or something or for whatever reason the person writing or editing the article didn't quite understand some of the nuances of the English language.

Regardless of why, I'd like to get confirmation about what's what. If no one on the Board can answer this question definitively, I'm going to either ask my dealer to find out or I'll call BMW NA myself and try to get a straight answer.

I have seen things like this happen before with BMW, but it's usually with the introduction of a complete model makeover or introducing a new gimmick (e.g. Night Vision).

RR