E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Guys,

Thanx again for the nice comments...

@Omaralt...I also love the cushions on the headrests. I just had to have them

@xBMWx...I used very little shoe polish, just on some scratches...and with a good wipe and then the conditioner they a absolutly dry now!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok this thread is coming from a guy who uses shoe polish on his leather car seats---do I have to say more. Enjoy the shoe polish conditioning-i bet your the only one with that kiwi polish seat shine
Old 10-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
Ok this thread is coming from a guy who uses shoe polish on his leather car seats---do I have to say more. Enjoy the shoe polish conditioning-i bet your the only one with that kiwi polish seat shine
Dude I do not get you. You are so quick to put other peoples ideas down. To fill small scratches shoe polish works well and costs nothing. Its always worth a try isn't it. This comment coming from a guy who tried to build an induction kit with tape.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

OP, I think it is a great upgrade from what you had.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Diamont,

Lets make a deal... never EVER comment on my posts again and I will never react on yours again. You are such a joke and a waste of time...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

A+ for effort... it was brave to tackle a project like this and once its fully operational you will LOVE it!

As for the shoe polish, I am sure you wiped it down good, but if not you will know soon enough.

Diamond... who the hell is this guy? I have been around for a few months so can someone fill me in?!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jaycal3
Diamond... who the hell is this guy? I have been around for a few months so can someone fill me in?!

It is all he feeds on.

Diamond = forum Troll

Have you ever seen a post where he is not trying to confront someone?

definition of a forum troll http://www.squidoo.com/forum_troll

My new Comfort Seats-diamond.jpg
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

so are comfort seats and sport seats not the same thing? i have seen an E60 sport and it does not have that incredibly huge headrest. maybe it's just a US vs. Europe thing though?

you did a good job, but it does seem like a lot of work to me. but, lumbar support functionality is very important to me. i just have the base seats as well...i think they are very comfortable, but they are leather too, so i'm not sure how they compare to your old ones. the biggest difference i notice between base and your comfort seats is the headrest, but i don't know anyone who drives their car and actually rests their head on a headrest while driving...i thought most drivers have headrests in case of an accident so your neck has something to hit behind it. maybe that's just a texas thing though
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Contributors

Sport seats has the adjustable lower seat extension but no lumbar adjustment.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by healthservices
Sport seats has the adjustable lower seat extension but no lumbar adjustment.
oh, wow. that really taints the "sport seat vs regular seat" discussion then if you ask me. why did they not include it?

Quick Reply: My new Comfort Seats