E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new 2006 535D M-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should have just ordered the 3.5 hose, youd prolly get it by tomorrow if you had ordered it on the 25th when you started this thread!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:43 AM
Members

Hi All,
For anyone thats interested I have replaced all the parts (2 Pressure Converters and 1 pressure motor and all vacuum hoses with 3mm silicone)... and STILL the lag remains and the turbo noise.

I tried the accelerator pedel reset trick (hold down for 30secs with iginition on, then turn off and then start engine) which also didn't help.

The car reports no errors at all (since I also relaced the faulty heater plug) and all vacuum hoses where tested and the vavles where tested and all moved freely with the exception of the middle vavle, this was a lot stiffer that the large top waste gate and the bottm small waste gate. It moved ok but not not freely and it was harder to move by hand.

The vacuum hose from the supply was tested and is providing vacuum to all the lines which feed the pressure converters.

Not sure what else it can be now apart from a failed small turbo, but would like if I could have this confirmed 100% perform commiting it to. The 530D was easy as I could remove the inlet pipe and test the impeller... and the computer showing no errors at all makes it even more annoying... no smoke to oil in any inlet or charge pipes.

Rev up to 2500rpm sluggish and can hear the turbo noise from inside the car, then over this I get boost and it drives fine.

Open to all and any suggestions...????

PS: Anywhere that provided the 3.5mm hose could not have it shipped to Ireland by Friday, I had ordered 3.5mm black silicone from a suppier in the UK on Tuesday, still hasn't arrived. Hence why I didn't wait as it would be another week for me as I am away working during the week.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Members

Hi All,
For anyone thats interested I have replaced all the parts (2 Pressure Converters and 1 pressure motor and all vacuum hoses with 3mm silicone)... and STILL the lag remains and the turbo noise.

I tried the accelerator pedel reset trick (hold down for 30secs with iginition on, then turn off and then start engine) which also didn't help.

The car reports no errors at all (since I also relaced the faulty heater plug) and all vacuum hoses where tested and the vavles where tested and all moved freely with the exception of the middle vavle, this was a lot stiffer that the large top waste gate and the bottm small waste gate. It moved ok but not not freely and it was harder to move by hand.

The vacuum hose from the supply was tested and is providing vacuum to all the lines which feed the pressure converters.

Not sure what else it can be now apart from a failed small turbo, but would like if I could have this confirmed 100% perform commiting it to. The 530D was easy as I could remove the inlet pipe and test the impeller... and the computer showing no errors at all makes it even more annoying... no smoke to oil in any inlet or charge pipes.

Rev up to 2500rpm sluggish and can hear the turbo noise from inside the car, then over this I get boost and it drives fine.

Open to all and any suggestions...????

PS: Anywhere that provided the 3.5mm hose could not have it shipped to Ireland by Friday, I had ordered 3.5mm black silicone from a suppier in the UK on Tuesday, still hasn't arrived. Hence why I didn't wait as it would be another week for me as I am away working during the week.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 530i M Sport N52

Originally Posted by IrishLad
Hi,
I bought my car in Belfast and paid the VRT on Friday, so not sure how I stand with it, the dealer has no onsite mechanic but did offer to have someone check it for me.
But even if I get a refund I'm out the VRT, and the dealer won't want to take back a now soutern registered vehicle I'd say

It seemed fine to me but now I relalise it had the issue when I bought it, the power seemed fine as I was comparing it to my previous 530D but from reading the forum and a friend drove it who had a 2005 535D I realise it has the small turbo doing nothing, so I'm trying to rule out the quick and cheap solution of hoses and converters before accepting that the turbo might be faulty.

If it turns out to be a faulty turbo I am going to head back to the dealer and see what he can do for me, never should have rushed to pay the VRT :-(

So just need to be sure that 3mm silicone can be used inplace of 3.5mm rubber pipes?

Thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark, i live in belfast and worked in the motor trade for a long time in the north. there is no such thing as 'sold as seen' . legally the only way to sell a car in this way is to state 'sold as scrap or for parts' on the invoice. what it boils down to is he's the retailer and you're the retail customer - i'd say take it back pronto. he''ll try it on but don't even get into the import/export thing, it's a technicality, we're all in europe. you're a retail customer, what you do with the car after purchase is your business. don't do any more repairs and don't tell this dealer guy about them either. that's his way out of this. good luck.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Members

Hi All,

Open to all and any suggestions.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Contributors

Hi All,

Open to all and any suggestions.

Check the bottom of the intercooler hose going from and into the manifold if there is a split there it will cause a loss of power... replacing the small vacuum hoses with 3mm hoses should make no difference to performance..

Get it to a decent indi who can do a smoke test and see if you have any leaks..

Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Members

Finally got it fixed and didn't need a new turbo :-)

Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Members

Finally got it fixed and didn't need a new turbo :-)

Thanks
So what was the problem?
Old 10-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Members

So what was the problem?