E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new 2006 530i

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello forums. i just got a 2006 BMW 530i and i would like to get some help fixing up my car. if anyone can help me please post on this thread

couple things im trying to do.
-Raise my car a couple of inches because im new to driving such a low car i am afraid of scratching it
-new angel eyes lights
-new rims 19 inches that are under $100 each
-tips on how to vinyl wrap my car (also what colors are good for a suburban area)

i will upload pictures of my car later. There are few damages to the car because of the previous owner and i would like to know how to fix them.

i am the 3rd owner of the car. the 1st owner has done a lot of work to the car and i have no idea what he or she has done but the second owner has damaged the car a few ways.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Members

this is what my car looks like from a front angle. i will upload side shots and rear shots laterMy new 2006 530i-2012-09-16-15.10.01.jpg
Old 09-22-2012, 04:44 PM
RTR
Members

It looks pretty low, is that the sport package? If not, maybe there is an aftermarket suspension installed. Some aftermarket ones have an option of height adjustment.
Raise my car a couple of inches because im new to driving such a low car i am afraid of scratching it
Honestly, it'll be way cheaper and better to always keep in mind that the car is low and drive accordingly, than making it higher. That would also negatively affect handling btw.

19 inch rims for under $100 - unless you find a good deal on used ones, I wouldn't want to drive on those rims. Quality and a price that low don't really come together.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530si Sport, on a boat as I type!! Orient Blue, Beige leather, premium package, premium sound, cold weather, steptronic, power shades, fold down rear seats, rear seat heat, park distance control, navigation & Sirius satellite radio.

Looks like the sport package to me...I have the same year (and color I believe) and that looks like the shadow trim around the windows...not the chrome.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by RTR
It looks pretty low, is that the sport package? If not, maybe there is an aftermarket suspension installed. Some aftermarket ones have an option of height adjustment.

Honestly, it'll be way cheaper and better to always keep in mind that the car is low and drive accordingly, than making it higher. That would also negatively affect handling btw.

19 inch rims for under $100 - unless you find a good deal on used ones, I wouldn't want to drive on those rims. Quality and a price that low don't really come together.
i always thought rims were decent for a 100 each
Old 09-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Big Jim
Looks like the sport package to me...I have the same year (and color I believe) and that looks like the shadow trim around the windows...not the chrome.
yeah the guy said he had full options with everything including nav and stuff. i also have the m series shoft knob.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Members

My new 2006 530i-2012-09-16-15.10.15.jpg

this is how low the car is at the moment
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Raising your car will effect handling and you will wish you didn't. Is the car lowered on coilovers or lowering springs? You need to find that out. Also, Get Orion V2 from Umnitza for you angel eyes or LED bulbs from Trinity. Some popular colors of vinyl wrap are matte/frozen white, matte gray, matte, black. Finally, you will not be able to get any decent looking 19in wheels for $100. Hope this helps in any way.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
Get Orion V2 from Umnitza for you angel eyes or LED bulbs from Trinity.
how much do those usually cost? and is it a plug and play type?
Old 09-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by jin.army.mil
how much do those usually cost? and is it a plug and play type?
Orion V2s are not exactly plug and play because involves opening the headlights. This is the brightest solution. The 10W LED Angel Eyes from Trinity Autosport are plug and play.

Quick Reply: My new 2006 530i