E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My long-due pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i - GONE

Originally Posted by sachal007
SONIC MS

where did you get the painted grill?
Hey Sachal,

I bought the matte black grille kit from JLeviSW. Unfortunately, the kidney grille tabs broke, so I ended up spraying my factory kidney grilles (chrome ones) with primer, then sprayed over with high-temp semi-gloss black paint. That wasn't enough for me, so I used the matte black outer grille from the JLevi kit and got those painted along with my spoilers. Simply took the semi-gloss kidney grilles and placed them in the new ones...I personally like the color-matched grille over the factory chrome trim.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the compliments guys! Many more mods to come.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Looks sweet! Like the grills as well color coded...I'm was thinking of doing the same on my car...
Old 10-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I E60

Is that ACS spoiler a easy install?
Old 10-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Senior Members

that ACS spoiler was a f*cking b*tch to install. I ordered it off Ebay from a vendor that claimed he ships from Diamond Bar/Beverly Hills, but he/she didn't! The posting says, "perfect fitment" but that's total b/s. I got a freaking spoiler shipped to me from Taiwan, fit fine on the right side but left a HUGE gap on the left side. I opened a claim against him/her and nothing was resolved, so I went ahead and got the thing painted because I didn't want to deal with the whole return process. Do yourself a favor and make sure it's a reputable seller of ACS reps. I'm pretty disappointed to this day, I've had to use all-purpose caulk to fill in the gaps that now stretch all along the top side where it rests onto the trunk. You'd have to see it to see how much of a crappy fit this spoiler was. The Ebay seller is "Altimotors" -- AVOID AT ALL COST.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Contributors

not bad not bad needs some nice wheels and a stance and youll be set for a while
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ck-e60
that ACS spoiler was a f*cking b*tch to install. I ordered it off Ebay from a vendor that claimed he ships from Diamond Bar/Beverly Hills, but he/she didn't! The posting says, "perfect fitment" but that's total b/s. I got a freaking spoiler shipped to me from Taiwan, fit fine on the right side but left a HUGE gap on the left side. I opened a claim against him/her and nothing was resolved, so I went ahead and got the thing painted because I didn't want to deal with the whole return process. Do yourself a favor and make sure it's a reputable seller of ACS reps. I'm pretty disappointed to this day, I've had to use all-purpose caulk to fill in the gaps that now stretch all along the top side where it rests onto the trunk. You'd have to see it to see how much of a crappy fit this spoiler was. The Ebay seller is "Altimotors" -- AVOID AT ALL COST.
Same thing happened to me when i bought a CF ACS type roof spoiler and CF Mtech boot spoiler. I was told that it waas near OEM fitment but once I received the two parts, i could tell straight away that it was just far too short to fit.

The guy i bought it off was also based in Taiwan and is called Brian from JB Speed or something like that.

Was so damn annoyed!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Titanium Gray 545 Sport Package

Originally Posted by ck-e60
So this is before recent mods, just dropped on H&R's
Attachment 112564

Front with unpainted grille
Attachment 112565
I'll post more pictures when I wake up from my nap. Hope this helps those who were looking for a picture of the RD Sport with ACS spoiler combination.
WOW it is my brother from another mother, I use to live in San Diego.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

where the pics at!? no relation until we see pics!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Very nice to see!

Quick Reply: My long-due pictures