E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My hidden service menu is totally different??!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

E60 (2005), had the normal MASK system, tried the hidden service menu routine with the idrive and it came up with the mentioned secret menu. I managed to check the software version and match it with CIP update 19.

I then proceeded to retrofit a CCC unit from ebay with screen and idrive and it worked perfectly without any need for a software update etc.

I then downloaded the NAV Pro 2009-02 dvd, burnt it to dual layer DVD, which it accepted and navigation works properly.

So whilst checking through the menus to see verything was there, I came across the climate control section, which just had the choice of one universal seat picture with the hot, nuetral and cold setting.

When I tried to set it hot or cold, the idrive went back to neutral and forcefeedback would not allow me to set it. Before I had the option to set it for both passenger and driver, upper, middle and lower area etc. Now none of that.

So I proceeded to check what verison of the OS I have. Tried the secret menu blag and it worked. But not as I know it!!!

Now, instead of the nice tabbed menu, with the same background as the normal idrive system and VersioKontrole etc, I now get only click on one thing 'OSD'.

When I do, then I get a few options to scroll through, like C-Application, C-Tuner, C-Gateway, etc.

The C-Gateway, had Subnames:
SysName or Engine type (value 17997)
VehicleManufCodingIndex (Value 2)
MgsCatalogueVersion (value 000.010.148)
DateofManufacture (value 16.01.2004)
VehicleManufactureDiagIndex (value 2512)
OperatingSystemVersion (value of 000.000.000),
VehicleManufactureECUHWversion (value of 66)
Funct Sofware Version (value of 005.031.000)
ECUHardwareNumber (value of 000004131340)
SystemSupplierIndex SVDO

The values for each submenu were pretty much the same. Nothing jumped out at me like version 11.1 date of 4/22 or anything like that.

So I guess I'm just lost.

Can anyone help or tell me how to find the version no. on a CCC unit?

Has my CCC been hacked? Hence why it worked without any software upgrade and with no Operating System Version?

Cheers guys
Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

there's actually no way to check the software version other than asking your dealer service centre, also to make sure the CCC works fully with your car it will need programming
Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Members

Thanks for your reply blood.

I take it this is the case with all the CCC systems? So the hidden menu is for normal systems and not the Pro Nav?

By programming, you mean software update or that they will have to program it according to my options. Cause with this new system there is a bluetooth section and voice recognition section. If they program it according to my car I don't want to lose those options just in case in the future I want to add the two without further programming.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

no, is the CCC you have got the 6 buttons under the dvd drive?, the M-ask and CCC upto 2007 had the plain hidden menu you describe but when the idrive was changed at 2007
the hidden menu changed as well.

im surprised your service menu items are reading correct, it will need a software update which will setup the system according to your cars options its the only way
to make sure everything works properly.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Pirated software will always do that
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Abbizle' post='1049220' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your reply blood.

I take it this is the case with all the CCC systems? So the hidden menu is for normal systems and not the Pro Nav?

By programming, you mean software update or that they will have to program it according to my options. Cause with this new system there is a bluetooth section and voice recognition section. If they program it according to my car I don't want to lose those options just in case in the future I want to add the two without further programming.
iDrive with Nav (CCC) folks cannot get the same info as those with M-ASK. This has been a long standing confusion factor in those threads where people ask if they can get software version info and some answer yes and others answer no. The yes is for/from those with M-ASK and the no is on CCC iDrive/Nav equipped vehicles.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

whats this about a hidden menu? how do you get there, and what does it tell you?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='1069477' date='Dec 7 2009, 04:08 PM
iDrive with Nav (CCC) folks cannot get the same info as those with M-ASK. This has been a long standing confusion factor in those threads where people ask if they can get software version info and some answer yes and others answer no. The yes is for/from those with M-ASK and the no is on CCC iDrive/Nav equipped vehicles.
Wow! Just to confirm: are you saying that if you have M-ASK you CAN get the correct software version from the hidden menu?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by kgmccarthy' post='1069724' date='Dec 7 2009, 09:34 PM
Wow! Just to confirm: are you saying that if you have M-ASK you CAN get the correct software version from the hidden menu?
yes it is displayed in Target Data Status form
Old 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='1070276' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:27 PM
yes it is displayed in Target Data Status form
Thanks for clearing that up. There has been a lot of confusion about this issue. For once, I'm glad I have the M-ASK!

Quick Reply: My hidden service menu is totally different??!!