E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MY FUC%^& CAR WAS STOLEN LAST NITE!!!!!!&#

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='705462' date='Oct 28 2008, 12:40 PM
Not sure about your house, but our master bedroom is way at the back of house, and the garage at the front. (yes, we American's do some things backwards). I wouldn't hear a thing from my driveway. In fact, i wouldn't hear a thing if someone opened our garage door either!! Luckily, we live in a fairly safe neighboorhood. (now that I have said that, murphy's law, there's bound to be some thefts!)

ok....let's say his real pro....internationally known....with all kind of devices that he can deactivate a car alarm and steal a car...
but why 530 when there's Porsche.....and why on someone's drive way when there are millions of cars on parking structure or streets..

Maybe cause a 530 is easier to dispose than a Porsche?? Fewer Porsche's around, so might be eaier to track (even if broken and sold for parts). Just a guess on my part.

Oakbrook?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

In hong kong, there used to be A LOT more cases of stolen cars and being brought into China especially mercedes S-classes and BMW 7 series. My dads friend had a brand new S430 as the time. Parked next to also a brand new S500. His S430 got stolen due to the fact that someone "requested a S430." it is during that time whoever requested a certain car with certain color etc etc. Make and model of the car doesn't really matter. Hey, if someone wanted a civic si and had a lamborghini next to it with keys inside, the civic will be stolen just because they know they can dispose it immediately
Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d '04

I'm sure that you have some Polish peoples in the neighborhood.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by aduh' post='705722' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:16 PM
Excellent post. Thanks for that useful comment.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

Originally Posted by aduh' post='705722' date='Oct 28 2008, 04:16 PM

Polish girls are hot
Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='705462' date='Oct 28 2008, 01:40 PM
Not sure about your house, but our master bedroom is way at the back of house, and the garage at the front. (yes, we American's do some things backwards). I wouldn't hear a thing from my driveway. In fact, i wouldn't hear a thing if someone opened our garage door either!! Luckily, we live in a fairly safe neighboorhood. (now that I have said that, murphy's law, there's bound to be some thefts!)

ok....let's say his real pro....internationally known....with all kind of devices that he can deactivate a car alarm and steal a car...
but why 530 when there's Porsche.....and why on someone's drive way when there are millions of cars on parking structure or streets..

Maybe cause a 530 is easier to dispose than a Porsche?? Fewer Porsche's around, so might be eaier to track (even if broken and sold for parts). Just a guess on my part.
SAME WITH MINE.. MY MASTER BED ROOM IS IN THE BACK MY GARAGE is in the front.. but im looking as i type.. new one is on the way.. not right away.. but soon it will be in my hands...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='705393' date='Oct 28 2008, 11:48 AM
IM LOOKING AT it this way.. some one wanted this car.. some one was watching me for a min... they planed it out and followed through.. im really pissed still.. but i can pounder on it.. as of today nothing.. its like the car just got up and left.... but im going to just keep it moving and get another one...
I once had a stereo system stolen from a cheap appartment. I had a cable problem and a guy came out just before I left on vacation. I thanked him for making it before going out of town. <-Stupid for having said that. 5 Days later I get back and the stereo was gone. Not the big speakers (they probably couldn't carry easily) but the receiver, tape deck, CD player, and CD case. I remembered the cable guy commented how nice the stereo was and told the police but they had no evidence to investigate my hunch.

It made me feel unsafe for months but I did get a new stereo out of it. What sucks is I had just upgraded all the components before they were stolen except for the speakers which was the one thing not stolen.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='705810' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:04 PM
SAME WITH MINE.. MY MASTER BED ROOM IS IN THE BACK MY GARAGE is in the front.. but im looking as i type.. new one is on the way.. not right away.. but soon it will be in my hands...
That's the right attitute to take. One door closes shut, and a gate is opening up. In a twisted way, I would be flattered if someone stole mine. It can only mean that I am driving something so desirable that someone is willing to risk 10~20 years of his/her life to take. I can always get another E60.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='705817' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:09 PM
That's the right attitute to take. One door closes shut, and a gate is opening up. In a twisted way, I would be flattered if someone stole mine. It can only mean that I am driving something so desirable that someone is willing to risk 10~20 years of his/her life to take. I can always get another E60.
10 to 20 years of there life.. if this persone or people where caught in the act.. 20 years would of been to long.. i would of deff let lose all 16 shots at him or them..
Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='705826' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:17 PM
10 to 20 years of there life.. if this persone or people where caught in the act.. 20 years would of been to long.. i would of deff let lose all 16 shots at him or them..
well i mean i dont wish death on anyone.. but in a situation like this i feel i would of deff let lose on him or them.. its not the right thing most of you guys would say call the cops,but from where im from. well where i grow up things like this happen all the time. shotings people getting killed it was like going to the store for milk and bread as a kid i remember going to the store for some candy.. right on the corner or bradford and hegaman(eastnewyork) brooklyn.it was broad day light... i was about 9 or 10 years old some black guy got poped right in the back of the head.. its stained in my brain... something i will never forget. the guy that did it just walk like it was nothing right behind him pulled the trigger and keeped walking like nothing happed... so what im getting at if these guys that did this would of got caught in the act .. ill say no more...

Quick Reply: MY FUC%^& CAR WAS STOLEN LAST NITE!!!!!!&#