E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My First Scratch/Ding

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005 | 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

So i went to the gym today in this horrible weather...i park believing who else will come in this weather parking close....and as i came out two cars were next to mine...there was this white marked ding on the driver door... I was pissed ready to kill whoever did it...unfortunately they were gone...I wanted to know if its possible for a body shop to get rid of dings?
Old 04-02-2005 | 08:19 PM

Find a Ding wizard instead. body shops might be able to help you locate someone who specialize in getting rid of door dings.
Old 04-02-2005 | 11:06 PM
Senior Members

I feel your pain, but I also come to a conclusion that dings and scratches are inevitable. Just think of it (them) as war scar(s) and you'll better....hehe. Btw, if the ding is near the crease (like mine was), Ding Wizard type applications can only recover the damage partially.
Old 04-03-2005 | 10:54 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 2 2005, 10:37 PM
So i went to the gym today in this horrible weather...i park believing who else will come in this weather parking close....and as i came out two cars were next to mine...there was this white marked ding on the driver door... I was pissed ready to kill whoever did it...unfortunately they were gone...I wanted to know if its possible for a body shop to get rid of dings?
[snapback]110413[/snapback]
I took mine into BMW who have there own service for centre for minor dents it cost me ?50 and it was near a crease line, yes a dent does piss you of ,but having to live with it pisses me of even more so to me it was worth ?50
Old 04-04-2005 | 12:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by johno535' date='Apr 4 2005, 12:54 AM
[quote name='Jerzguju' date='Apr 2 2005, 10:37 PM']So i went to the gym today in this horrible weather...i park believing who else will come in this weather parking close....and as i came out two cars were next to mine...there was this white marked ding on the driver door... I was pissed ready to kill whoever did it...unfortunately they were gone...I wanted to know if its possible for a body shop to get rid of dings?
[snapback]110413[/snapback]
I took mine into BMW who have there own service for centre for minor dents it cost me ?50 and it was near a crease line, yes a dent does piss you of ,but having to live with it pisses me of even more so to me it was worth ?50
[snapback]110768[/snapback]
[/quote]

john0535

Was your BMW service centre able to recover the dent 100%? Mine is also near the crease line and I also took the car to BMW service center for a fix, but they could only recover the dent partially because they said it was near the crease line :'(