E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My first impressions after a long trip.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004 | 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Okay, went to Maastricht with my new car (a 460 km roundtrip).

My impressions with the car:
This is the first time I drove 230 km's and got out of the car feeling better then getting in. I wasn't tired at all and the comfortseats give so good support that I didn't have backproblems at all! The 530 with steptronic combination is so relaxed to drive it was a breeze for me. My wife put her seat back and fell asleep in 5 minutes when we left. This car is made for long trips definately.

The rainsensor is 10 times more sensitive then on my old 330. The slightest spray of cars in front of me sets them on before I can think when will they start to do something.

The Adaptive lights are great. At first I had to get used to them because I saw them moving. I am very impressed by the way they light out the road and seeing 50% more in a turn is very safe because you see so much more then you normally do. And it looks so cool when they move around.

Logiq7 is the best soundsystem I have ever had in a car. I think you can hear if a soundsystem is good or not when you listen to classic music. I had a classic cd in the car and I felt the guy with the piano was sitting next to me playing his butt of to please me.. Strangely I didn't hear much difference between Concert and Theater. Putting logic7 off is definately noticable.

The bleutooth works great in the car. I am so impressed how the car knows the phone is in it and the sound is perfect. Also searching a phonenumber in the memory works marvelous I have had no problems at all with it.

I find the sportsuspension still very comfortable. It is true that the runflat tires have a bit of a harsh ride and on bad asphalt I could hear them more then the wind at 140 km/h.

OVeral soundproofing of the car is absolutely amazing. When traveling with a speed of 100km/h there is barely a sound of wind or engine noise. This car is quiet. At a certain moment I asked my wife: Can you hear it?? She asked me what? I said don't you hear it. She says, sorry Dennis I can't hear anything. I replied and said, exactly I don't hear anything to it's quiet in here isn't it.

The 6 speed automatic gearbox changes gear without me feeling it. At highway speed the engine hardly has to make rpm's because the 6th gear is so long.

In another thread I posted my trouble I had with the I-Drive when the car lost it's way and that was the only thing that wasn't what I expected from such an expensive car.

Overall this is the best car I have ever owned and I cannot imagine to have a more comfortable car at the moment. It drives so comfortable that arriving at you destination is a dissapointment and you cannot wait to get on the road again.

Only wish I still have is DVD play even if it is without a picture on the screen so I can listen to my Tony Bennet DVD in the car

Everybody that still has doubts on buying this car remember. On a forum like this a lot of problems are discussed to get solutions. Buy this car you it's the best you can buy in this priceclass at the moment!
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:05 PM
Senior Members

totally agreed. I done alot of miles within the first fwe days and it was total luxury. I remember the E39 was a good car and i thought the E60 wont be that much better. BUT its way better in every area. If you get the right options, it is one awesome car.

Im planni9ng on keeping the car for about 3yrs and then upgrade to a M5.
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I normally have a car for three years but today I told my wife I cannot imagine what other car I would want instead of this one. Maybe I'm gonna keep it a while longer then 3 years.
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:15 PM
Contributors

Agree with the intial post. Eventhought I dont have the 530. I have the 525I with no sport suspension but still i find it very nice to ride.

Yes when i get out i want to get back in....i thought it was only me.

I dont have the logi7, I have the regular system and to be honest, i am very happy when listening to my jazz or vivardy 7 seasons.
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:17 PM
Contributors

I also have a nice CD from the Lion King Musical in the car. I bought it in New York.

The sound of all the instruments are so clear and the drums seems to be in my back. I get shivvers (correct word?) over my body listening to music in this car! brrrrr
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 22 2004, 12:17 AM
I get shivvers (correct word?) ...
Just because you've been asking:
Yes, correct word, wrong spelling... one v only = shivers.
Don't want to be the smarta$$, but you asked... sorry...
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:22 PM
Senior Members

I remember the E39 was a good car and i thought the E60 wont be that much better. BUT its way better in every area.
i completely agree ! i'm sure many of you already knew why i picked this car over the clk or e-class. at first i thought another 5 (i had a e39 before this)? nah, boring ! but after i test drove it...man, hard to imagine how much better a almost perfect car (e39) could possibly improved . amazing !
I normally have a car for three years...
me, too. normally 3-4 years but i kept my e39 for almost 5 years. this one possibly will be by my side about the same amount of time ...unless my girlfriend finally lets me get a convertible or i dump her !
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:22 PM
Contributors

That's the reason I ask it because some words I can pronounce out of my mouth but not on the keyboard so please correct me I need to learn it!
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:28 PM
Senior Members

talk about spelling, we should all ask rudy. his english is so good that one of our board members (sorry, forgot which one) said he hardly sees anyone use grammars and words that good especially over the internet. rudy rocks ! damn, my english sucks so much :'(!
Old 08-21-2004 | 02:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Aug 21 2004, 04:22 PM
[unless my girlfriend finally lets me get a convertible or i dump her !
My wife misses the old 330 Ci Convertible too.. I told her we will get a Beetle convertible or a Audi TT convertible for her if my business is going the way it is now.

So no need of dumping girlfriends or wifes.. Just buy them what they want to have..
Isn't that the way we all do it???

Quick Reply: My first impressions after a long trip.