5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   My E60 won’t start. Please help!! (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/my-e60-won%92t-start-please-help-149623/)

Ussebas 04-28-2019 05:14 PM

My E60 won’t start. Please help!!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/5series...506c57bbb.jpeg
Hello guys, I have a 2009 e60 528i. My car won’t star and my pedal brake is very hard, it doesn’t move, I replaced the booster but still have the same problem, it doesn’t move, I Also did The bleeding but when I did the last caliper it do not bleed. And also I have a message on my dash that the ABS control system is in malfunction.
All the lights on the dash turn on normally. But the car do not want to start.
Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks

JayArras 04-28-2019 07:29 PM

The only way to tell for sure what's going on is to read the codes being thrown off. If you can't move the car, can you borrow somebody's tester?

dcfjord 04-29-2019 07:21 PM

If you have a bad starter INPA will literally say bad starter. I had similar no start issue and the bad starter code was there waiting for me. New starter installed and it started.

audiophool 04-30-2019 05:12 AM

For the hard brake pedal - that's not unusual. My brake pedal is randomly hard after the car sits overnight. Has been for years.

Ussebas 04-30-2019 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by JayArras (Post 1600184)
The only way to tell for sure what's going on is to read the codes being thrown off. If you can't move the car, can you borrow somebody's tester?

I have 1 of those conventional scanners from eBay and the only code what I have are from the o2 sensor, this weekend I may have to test the starter, and I have to find what is going on with my brake system

Ussebas 04-30-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by dcfjord (Post 1600202)
If you have a bad starter INPA will literally say bad starter. I had similar no start issue and the bad starter code was there waiting for me. New starter installed and it started.

Yes, I’ll test the starter this weekend, but I need to find out what is going on with my brake system, but for sure I don’t want to take this car to the dealer

Ussebas 04-30-2019 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by audiophool (Post 1600207)
For the hard brake pedal - that's not unusual. My brake pedal is randomly hard after the car sits overnight. Has been for years.

Wow, I do have a e46, e90 and this e60 and I never feel like that, that hard brake pedal is pretty unusual for me, looks like my brake fluid line on my from driver wheel is not right, something was wrong when I did the bleeding, I would thy to find out this weekend.

y0itzflip 05-01-2019 01:03 PM

after pressing the brake a lot with the car up, its gonna build up pressure and the pedal will get hard. itll probably go back to normal once you get the car started.

GreaseMonkey535i 05-03-2019 02:50 PM

Same issue happened to me. It was the starter.

Ussebas 05-05-2019 08:50 AM

Problem solved!!

Originally Posted by Ussebas (Post 1600183)
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/5series...506c57bbb.jpeg
Hello guys, I have a 2009 e60 528i. My car won’t star and my pedal brake is very hard, it doesn’t move, I replaced the booster but still have the same problem, it doesn’t move, I Also did The bleeding but when I did the last caliper it do not bleed. And also I have a message on my dash that the ABS control system is in malfunction.
All the lights on the dash turn on normally. But the car do not want to start.
Hope somebody can help me!

Thanks

Originally Posted by JayArras (Post 1600184)

Originally Posted by dcfjord (Post 1600202)

Originally Posted by audiophool (Post 1600207)

Originally Posted by Ussebas (Post 1600214)
I have 1 of those conventional scanners from eBay and the only code what I have are from the o2 sensor, this weekend I may have to test the starter, and I have to find what is going on with my brake system

Originally Posted by Ussebas (Post 1600215)
Yes, I’ll test the starter this weekend, but I need to find out what is going on with my brake system, but for sure I don’t want to take this car to the dealer

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey535i (Post 1600267)
Same issue happened to me. It was the starter.

ok guys The problem was the battery, I was trying to make it started with my e46 battery but I whent to the dealer and they told me this cars are very sensitive to the voltage. So I decided to buy the battery.

Thanks everybody for the comments!