E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My E60 modification progress report

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

you forgot, add these:

- Sprint Booster
- Flow free Exhaust
- AFE
- ECU Remap

Recommended!
Old 05-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Thanks guys. Yes, the sprint booster is on the list.

IceyTys,

Thanks. I will drop it. I have to let the wallet recover though. As for shipping her back, that will be courtesy of the US Air Force!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='587508' date='May 24 2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys. Yes, the sprint booster is on the list.

IceyTys,

Thanks. I will drop it. I have to let the wallet recover though. As for shipping her back, that will be courtesy of the US Air Force!

Ship it free?!?!?!

Wow, I am definitely pro-military, but that gives new meaning to "That's our government tax dollars at work!"

Maybe you can get them to drop it out of the back of a C-5 Galaxy over Florida at your local high school football field (parachuted of course) now that would be something!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Because they send us overseas, they ship one car per military member each way. My 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee came over with me and the 5 er will go back!

That's not a bad idea!

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='587513' date='May 24 2008, 05:01 PM
Ship it free?!?!?!

Wow, I am definitely pro-military, but that gives new meaning to "That's our government tax dollars at work!"

Maybe you can get them to drop it out of the back of a C-5 Galaxy over Florida at your local high school football field (parachuted of course) now that would be something!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Drop it like it's hot! The benefit of lowering your ride is not only cosmetic, but it improves handling characteristics as well.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Contributors

I hate to sound so ignorant, but how far down should I go? Is there a standard? I feel like I could change the springs, it didn't seem all that complicated, is it?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks good

spring options include eibach and H&R. search through the parts and mods section of the forum for all the information about them
Old 05-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 530i with some mods

Looks nice! Welcome to the family........ another option for lowering your car are Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers.. They're pricey but from what I've heard they're worth every penny! Keeps or improves the stocks ride quality... and Since you're in Germany.. Maybe you can get 'em for less
Old 05-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by wacopolumbo' post='587593' date='May 24 2008, 10:56 AM
I hate to sound so ignorant, but how far down should I go? Is there a standard? I feel like I could change the springs, it didn't seem all that complicated, is it?
I would go with the standard Eibach/ H&R option as if you drop it any lower you'll have to upgrade more then just the springs, then you talking about big bucks. Your car is a non-sport, so I am sure the suspension set up is not really made to handle the drop long term, so you dont want to push the envelope.

As for doing it yourself, I wouldnt recommend that at all. Its not like changing shocks, the springs are under extreme high pressure and you alwasy here tales about a spring flying out of control.

This may sound like a stupid comment, but do you guys have a motor pool that works on military vehicles maybe you can get the work done there for cheaper then normal? You'll still have to take the car for re-alignment.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Looks good buddy. You need to lower her down though.

Good divorce gift, E60 is much more faithful

Quick Reply: My E60 modification progress report