E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My cup holders are perfect

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, just trying to start some trouble. All I drink is Dasani bottled water and Red Bull. Both fit the cupholders perfectly. What's the problem?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

get a coke from McDonald's sometime and you'll change your tune.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by hagrock' date='Mar 28 2005, 08:25 PM
Sorry, just trying to start some trouble. All I drink is Dasani bottled water and Red Bull. Both fit the cupholders perfectly. What's the problem?
[snapback]108008[/snapback]
the problems don't start until your original cupholders break......in other words, get stuck in either the fully extended, or closed position. The replacement cupholders appear to be the same, but the will not hold a cup, can, or bottle.......So, as long as your originals don't break.......you got it made!!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

BMW has somehow managed to defy the laws of physics with these cupholders - there is not a single cup in existence that fits in these things...... Even my dealer carries a bunch of cool stainless steel BMW branded coffee mugs - and not one of them fits securely enough in the cup holders to even think about filling it with coffee......
Old 03-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

The cup holders are the only part of the car not engineered by the Germans. :'( (Just kidding) One would think they outsourced the cup holder design to my son's kindergarden class. From what I've read on this forum, it sounds like their actually worse than in my e39.

Still would have the e60 over any other sedan, crapy cup holder or not.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by markt540i' date='Mar 28 2005, 10:42 PM
The cup holders are the only part of the car not engineered by the Germans. :'(? (Just kidding) One would think they outsourced the cup holder design to my son's kindergarden class. From what I've read on this forum, it sounds like their actually worse than in my e39.

[snapback]108038[/snapback]

How do they do with venti Starbucks Frappuchinos?
Old 03-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by markt540i' date='Mar 28 2005, 09:42 PM
The cup holders are the only part of the car not engineered by the Germans. :'(? (Just kidding) One would think they outsourced the cup holder design to my son's kindergarden class. From what I've read on this forum, it sounds like their actually worse than in my e39.

Actually, what I have heard....and I take it with a grain of salt...is that Germans and maybe Europeans in general, are not big on eating/drinking in their cars, so cup holders are not a big deal. BUT....they love their smoking, so they have great ashtrays/lighters.......

Personally, I would rather have a cup holder that would securely hold a cup/can!! I was in for service today, and my SA replaced one of my cupholders with a newer model, hoping the design was different. It's better than it was, but I would never put a cup of coffee in it....I'd be wearing java so fast, it would hurt!! And, java just ain't my color!!

Maybe when my lease runs out in '07 my new 550 will have new and improved cupholders.......what do you think??
Old 03-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='Mar 30 2005, 07:22 PM
[quote name='markt540i' date='Mar 28 2005, 09:42 PM']The cup holders are the only part of the car not engineered by the Germans. :'(? (Just kidding) One would think they outsourced the cup holder design to my son's kindergarden class. From what I've read on this forum, it sounds like their actually worse than in my e39.

Actually, what I have heard....and I take it with a grain of salt...is that Germans and maybe Europeans in general, are not big on eating/drinking in their cars, so cup holders are not a big deal. BUT....they love their smoking, so they have great ashtrays/lighters.......

Personally, I would rather have a cup holder that would securely hold a cup/can!! I was in for service today, and my SA replaced one of my cupholders with a newer model, hoping the design was different. It's better than it was, but I would never put a cup of coffee in it....I'd be wearing java so fast, it would hurt!! And, java just ain't my color!!

Maybe when my lease runs out in '07 my new 550 will have new and improved cupholders.......what do you think??
[snapback]108977[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually what you say is not true. Germans do like to drink in the car while driving. But for us it has to be a bottle of beer - and those you have to hold in your hand while driving. They wouldn't fit in the cup holders.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i 05

Cool design but you cant fit jack in them. The cupholders in my 03 3 series rocked
Old 03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Senior Members

No, the "problem" with the cup-holders is that they do not fit some of the preposterous oversized drinks that some US outlets insist on selling.

I have not had a single issue with any 330ml can, or any small, regular or large (UK sized) takeaway McD/Costa/Starbucks style drinks.

The minute you force metal flasks, glass bottles and take-away drink sizes only a bull elephant could consume in one sitting in there, you've got trouble.

Flame away people

Quick Reply: My cup holders are perfect