E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My car went to the dealer again ToT 4th time in 4 months

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008 | 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

You should definitely google the "lemon law" for your state and exchange this car as soon as possible, if eligible. Do not delay. A car that starts its life so bad can only be bad news down the road. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 11-24-2008 | 08:27 PM
Members

I went to the dealer today at one o'clock.

my dad's friend was not there yet so I just walk to the service and ask them about the condition of my car. The lady check the database and then said that she couldn't find my car.
I was kind of surprise but then she go ask some other guy about that car and told me to sit and wait. Another guy then come talk to me and said something like we don't have your car in the database, and we cannot find it on the lot either, we lost it. I freaked out so bad. 5 minutes later my dad's friend which is a sale manager i believe came in, he drive me around the lot to find the car and surprisingly, it was not there. So, he told me to call the bmw to ask what happen. Bmw said that the toll company still have the car, it should be there about 30 minutes or something. I think my dad's friend was kind of mad since they should not keep the car overnight. Then, he told me to go take a rest and he will call me later tonight and also tell me to get all the documents and videos handy, we may need them for lemon law. At about 6 o'clock, the service call me that the car has another fuel pump failure and another engine problem, I'm not sure what it was. After that call, I call my dad's friend and ask for a loaner so me and my dad went to the dealer again at 8 o'clock to get a loaner. We were chatting a little bit since we kind of agree that we need an exchange not just fixing this and that. So,,, we plan on meeting again on wednesday while pick up the car and call the BMW and talk to them about all the issues. Hopefully they let me change the car...
Old 11-25-2008 | 04:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

You don't mention your state of residence but in NY the Lemon Law is for repeat problems with the same issue or amount of days out of service. Also its for cars for pleasure not business, if you write-off your car on your tax return you can't use the lemon law. Check the rules in your state.
Old 11-25-2008 | 04:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

sorry to hear about you car,,i know that after the 4th time that you actually still having problems with your car its already a lemon, i asked a lawyer before and that's what he told me (multiple problems with your car is under the lemon law), if they won't give you a new unit which they should since you got your car new, best thing to do is ask a lawyer, google it anyway they have free consultation, most of them are, and also call BMWNA which i think you already did coz they keep a record on whats what with your car and they should help you out with it, sometimes they also compensate you ask your SA about it, they will give you a "good will" in terms of "cash" most of the time.
they actually gave me a check for $1100 coz it took them a month to fix my car
good luck and keep us posted
Old 11-25-2008 | 05:39 PM
Senior Members

that really sucks man i hope everything goes well and you get another beauty
Old 11-25-2008 | 06:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

The situation blows man...hope everything works out in your favor
Old 11-25-2008 | 07:49 PM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite wood trim | Premium Package | Adaptive Xenon Headlights | Sport Package | Active Steering | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades | Park Distance Control |18" Star Spoke 124 | IPodŽ Interface Adapter. Single CD player that plays MP3z | 5% Tint

Sorry to hear that but if you are in california I have the lawyer that will get you out of this Lemon. I used him twice and best part is NO RECOVERY= NO FEE. Let me know if you want his info or if any one else hear in Ca and think he got a lemon. Best of luck bud.
Old 11-25-2008 | 08:52 PM
Members

Sorry for not mentioning the state, I'm in Bakersfield, CA

Big-Moe, I'll let you know if i need a lawyer, thanks anyways

I'll see how it goes tomorrow when me and the sales manager call BMW.

As for tax deduction, my parents didn't use the car for that. I just hope that they'll buy it back nicely rather than going through all the lemon law...
Old 11-26-2008 | 04:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi, Platinum Grey, Black Dakota leather, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite headliner, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, Nav, HUD, PDC, Night Vision, Logic7, iPod / USB, HD Radio, Sunshades, Heated Rear seats, and Folding Rear Seats.

Originally Posted by closea35007' post='731615' date='Nov 25 2008, 09:52 PM
Sorry for not mentioning the state, I'm in Bakersfield, CA

Big-Moe, I'll let you know if i need a lawyer, thanks anyways

I'll see how it goes tomorrow when me and the sales manager call BMW.

As for tax deduction, my parents didn't use the car for that. I just hope that they'll buy it back nicely rather than going through all the lemon law...
Just in case the call doesn't go as expected, make sure you have all the paperwork from each time it was repaired and review CA lemon law. I'm sure BMW will want to buy it back versus having it labeled as a lemon. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2008 | 07:50 AM
Members

My Ride: Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite wood trim | Premium Package | Adaptive Xenon Headlights | Sport Package | Active Steering | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Power rear sunshade with rear manual side window shades | Park Distance Control |18" Star Spoke 124 | IPodŽ Interface Adapter. Single CD player that plays MP3z | 5% Tint

Originally Posted by seventhirteen' post='731840' date='Nov 26 2008, 05:53 AM
Just in case the call doesn't go as expected, make sure you have all the paperwork from each time it was repaired and review CA lemon law. I'm sure BMW will want to buy it back versus having it labeled as a lemon. Good luck.
I agree BMW should agree for taking it back, however there was a few members in the other forum that contacted BMW NA directly and they took their vehicles back. As of the CA lemon law if your car has been to the dealer for the same issue or different issue in a short period of time and more than 3 times that is considered lemon. Good luck man and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: My car went to the dealer again ToT 4th time in 4 months