E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

is my car pre LCI or post LCI

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 E60 525i

I keep seeing threadds that refer to LCI, i tried googling it and also searching here, bimmerfest and bimmerforums and still dont understand what LCI means. its always a long drawn out explanation. is there just a simple description for LCI?

my car is a 2006 build date of 12/2005 is it LCI or is it not? and what does LCI mean?

please and thank you guys.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535xi

Originally Posted by nextelbuddy' post='517922' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:02 PM
I keep seeing threadds that refer to LCI, i tried googling it and also searching here, bimmerfest and bimmerforums and still dont understand what LCI means. its always a long drawn out explanation. is there just a simple description for LCI?

my car is a 2006 build date of 12/2005 is it LCI or is it not? and what does LCI mean?

If you typed "what is LCI" in the google box up above there's a link to this thread.

It means life cycle impulse. Which is the fancy name for the refresh that started with the 2008 model year.

So, no, your car is not LCI.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by nextelbuddy' post='517922' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:02 PM

LCI = Life Cycle Impulse, which means a slight update to the car. Remember when the 745 became the 750 and got a less ugly rear end...LCI. With the 5 series, LCI models offer the new twin turbo 6 cylinder; new LED tailights; revised front spoiler below bumper, new interior door designs, new optional automatic sport transmission w/paddles and gear shift lever, new ipod interface, new programmable heat sensitive buttons, etc...etc... Also, the 550 sports got overdue larger wheels, non runflat larger tires, throatier sport exhaust and stiffer M sport suspension as well as having the body kit included in the sticker price.

Your car is not an LCI. LCI production, as far as I know, began in March of 2007 (a scant 4 months after I got my 550----ouch!)

Depending on which 5 you have the improvements are likely relatively minor.

Hope that answers your question.

DRP
Old 01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='517930' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:14 PM
LCI = Life Cycle Impulse, which means a slight update to the car. Remember when the 745 became the 750 and got a less ugly rear end...LCI. With the 5 series, LCI models offer the new twin turbo 6 cylinder; new LED tailights; revised front spoiler below bumper, new interior door designs, new optional automatic sport transmission w/paddles and gear shift lever, new ipod interface, new programmable heat sensitive buttons, etc...etc... Also, the 550 sports got overdue larger wheels, non runflat larger tires, throatier sport exhaust and stiffer M sport suspension as well as having the body kit included in the sticker price.
Few, least of which BMW, would consider the LCI slight. BMW markets it as a ,,redesign`` which may be a bit over the top but brand new motors, major changes to the interior, updated CCC, new lighting, and a new sport package are fairly significant.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 525i

thanks guys for explaining that. so that would be the new 2008 5 series i see that have reflectors in the front and rear bumper covers where as mine has the spots for them but they are just not there.

i thought my tail lights were LEDs but after seeing a 2008 model this morning i can clearly see a difference when they depress the brake pedal compared to mine.

now i wish i would have spent a little more and got a 2008 535
Old 01-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by nextelbuddy' post='518030' date='Jan 15 2008, 12:11 AM
thanks guys for explaining that. so that would be the new 2008 5 series i see that have reflectors in the front and rear bumper covers where as mine has the spots for them but they are just not there.

i thought my tail lights were LEDs but after seeing a 2008 model this morning i can clearly see a difference when they depress the brake pedal compared to mine.

now i wish i would have spent a little more and got a 2008 535
Actually the reflectors in the rear bumpers were added after the car was purchased on pre-LCI models. You could add those yourself for a very modest amount of money and limited effort to install them yourself.

I had both versions, e60 and LCI e60. Your e60 is a wonderful car. The upgrades are not substantial. Enjoy your great car.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by pharding' post='518122' date='Jan 15 2008, 04:46 AM
Actually the reflectors in the rear bumpers were added after the car was purchased on pre-LCI models. You could add those yourself for a very modest amount of money and limited effort to install them yourself.

I had both versions, e60 and LCI e60. Your e60 is a wonderful car. The upgrades are not substantial. Enjoy your great car.
First, you have a nice car - enjoy it!! I disagree though with the above statement that the upgrades are not substantial...one drive in the 535 tt and you can definitely tell the engine is wonderful - quite substantial in my book! I think, however, that you would have paid more than "just a bit more" depending on your purchase price of course. Look at it this way, you have more $$'s to mod your 530! Enjoy your new ride - it is a nice car for sure

By the way...any pics?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Thanks guys, this LCI question was bugging me as well, and hadn't been able to find it either.

Thanks,

Cal
Old 01-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pharding' post='518122' date='Jan 15 2008, 07:46 AM
The upgrades are not substantial.
Substantial may be in the mind of the beholder but new motors, new interiors, new iDrive, new options - these are somewhat substantial
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='517930' date='Jan 14 2008, 07:14 PM

Your car is not an LCI. LCI production, as far as I know, began in March of 2007 (a scant 4 months after I got my 550----ouch!)

Depending on which 5 you have the improvements are likely relatively minor.

Hope that answers your question.

DRP
I know what you mean nextel; I wasn't real clear myself on that.
Thanks for clarifying 550isport.

Quick Reply: is my car pre LCI or post LCI