E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my car has seriously gone retarded!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i originally called in yesterday and set up for the nearest appointment to get my car looked at for the ever so popular drive control error which happens to be on national back order, since then my A/C will randomly cut all fan speed, my trunk always says it's open when it is clearly not and now just this evening the headlights have smoked themselves stupid, the adaptive feature has gone bonkers, my headlights are all over the place. can't wait for tomorrow's mishaps. Car doesn't go in til monday next week.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Dirty 30' post='304373' date='Jun 27 2006, 11:34 PM
i originally called in yesterday and set up for the nearest appointment to get my car looked at for the ever so popular drive control error which happens to be on national back order, since then my A/C will randomly cut all fan speed, my trunk always says it's open when it is clearly not and now just this evening the headlights have smoked themselves stupid, the adaptive feature has gone bonkers, my headlights are all over the place. can't wait for tomorrow's mishaps. Car doesn't go in til monday next week.
Mine goes retarded off and on. My trunk opener never opens and will open suddenly only if your face is anywhere near it.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

sorry to hear that guys,,, its suprising to see all the things that can go wrong on our cars...
Dirty 30: keep us updated on the cars mishaps, and repairs..
TV550: im sorry to say, but i dont think you car likes you, have you done anything to upset it...be careful of that trunk..
Old 06-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Dirty30: Time to go trade it in for a Porsche.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Members

Sounds like you have a Poltergeist car My car was acting up a few months back... the digital display was going crazy, AC turning on & off, radio turning on & off. The problem turned out to be a weak battery. Hopefully yours is something as simple as that!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='304491' date='Jun 28 2006, 09:06 AM
Dirty30: Time to go trade it in for a Porsche.

That is what I did though it was more simply because I wanted a coupe, but this kind of thing is the reason I did not buy the 650.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

I have the same issue now. The steering angle sensor in the steering column was broken/inoperative and caused the drive message you mention. In addition, without the steering angle sensor, the adaptive headlights do go crazy constantly scanning left to right and back and forth.

Fortunately for me, the part was in stock at the dealer - it is on backorder nationwide. Unfortunately for me, the dealer has been trying to program the vehicle with a CIP update for two days with no luck. I am hoping to get my car back today.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

I got drive control malfunction error too. I brought the car in local dealership for service but they said I had to make appointment because it would take a day or two to fix it. Now my appointment is in two weeks to get it fixed. It's not fun anymore to drive a broken car. The steering wheel and brakes seem to be locked up sometimes
Old 06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by xe460' post='304582' date='Jun 28 2006, 08:59 PM
I got drive control malfunction error too. I brought the car in local dealership for service but they said I had to make appointment because it would take a day or two to fix it. Now my appointment is in two weeks to get it fixed. It's not fun anymore to drive a broken car. The steering wheel and brakes seem to be locked up sometimes
Do you now have to drive a car with no steering and no brakes???
Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I PREMIUM 20" HARTGE NOVA 7 (STAGGERED) WITH NITTO 555 H&R SPORT SPRINGS BILSTEIN SPORT SHOCKS HARTGE BADGES, SHIFT KNOB, PEDALS, FLOORMATS. REMUS SPORT EXHAUST

my 06 530 has also turned out to be royal piece as welll....at the dealer all the time...good luck guys

Quick Reply: my car has seriously gone retarded!!