5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   My car got damaged (pics) (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/my-car-got-damaged-pics-9516/)

uwsc11 04-09-2005 04:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am pissed!! :angry:
I had to drop off some relatives at San Jose airport today. I was merging from HWY 280 onto 880 north when all of a sudden people slammed on their brakes. Their was all kind of junk on the road. The car in front of me drover over some sort of metal pieces that flew up and hit my car in the front bumper. From there it luckily went underneath my car and not against my hood or roof. I now have a nice gash in my bumper and damage to another part of my bumper and the kidney grille.
Several other cars had pulled over to the side with flat tires. Their tires got slashed by the metal debris. I am still totally pissed. My brand new car with just 1400 miles on it needs a new bumper. I called Highway patrol. Nobody had called anything in. So I don't even know who dropped the debris. I haven't talked to my insurance, yet, but most likely I am the one who will have to pay for the $500 deductible.

All these people driving around in their pick-up's losing junk on the freeway. I hate it!!!

Anybody have any good recommendations for a body shop in the Bay Area? I will talk to my BMW dealer on Mo. to see what they recommend.

Anybody know how to go about it so that I don't have to pay the deductible? Will CALTRAN pay for it?

daydok 04-09-2005 04:22 PM

dude, sorry to hear. i drive the 101/880 corridor as well, and i agree with you. lots of pickups and trucks with stuff in the back flailing around, not secured properly.

i don't know any local bmw bodyshops personally, but i'm sure your dealer can send you to a reputable one. call caltrans as well and see if they will do anything for you.

good luck!

daydok

drjochen 04-09-2005 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by uwsc11' date='Apr 9 2005, 08:14 PM
I am pissed!!? :angry:
I had to drop off some relatives at San Jose airport today. I was merging from HWY 280 onto 880 north when all of a sudden people slammed on their brakes. Their was all kind of junk on the road. The car in front of me drover over some sort of metal pieces that flew up and hit my car in the front bumper. From there it luckily went underneath my car and not against my hood or roof. I now have a nice gash in my bumper and damage to another part of my bumper and the kidney grille.
Several other cars had pulled over to the side with flat tires. Their tires got slashed by the metal debris. I am still totally pissed. My brand new car with just 1400 miles on it needs a new bumper. I called Highway patrol. Nobody had called anything in. So I don't even know who dropped the debris. I haven't talked to my insurance, yet, but most likely I am the one who will have to pay for the $500 deductible.

All these people driving around in their pick-up's losing junk on the freeway. I hate it!!!

Anybody have any good recommendations for a body shop in the Bay Area?? I will talk to my BMW dealer on Mo. to see what they recommend.

Anybody know how to go about it so that I don't have to pay the deductible?? Will CALTRAN pay for it?
[snapback]113495[/snapback]

Sorry to her that. My car got hit by a woman talking on the cell phone with 1200 miles on it. I really feel your pain!!!!!!!!!

Bunbun 04-09-2005 05:08 PM

Sorry 'bout the damage, I drove into a low lying concrete structure and dented big time my rear bumper as well (PDC didnt detect it). Instead of recommending you to a bodyshop, consider using this as an excuse to get the M-Tech aero kit ^_^ as a replacement. I did, the car looks great now :thumbsup:

kscarrol 04-09-2005 05:18 PM

That sucks! Do remember when you report it to your insurance that the debris was airborne and not sitting on the road. The insurance companies will view airborne debris as unavoidable while debris sitting on the road will be viewed as something you could/should have been able to avoid....

goyk 04-09-2005 05:21 PM

that sucks! but it could have been a lot worse..

uwsc11 04-09-2005 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Apr 9 2005, 05:18 PM
That sucks!? Do remember when you report it to your insurance that the debris was airborne and not sitting on the road.? The insurance companies will view airborne debris as unavoidable while debris sitting on the road will be viewed as something you could/should have been able to avoid....
[snapback]113510[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip. That is good to know. I had no idea that they looked at it differently.

soc_fans 04-09-2005 10:52 PM

Ouch..... hope you will get it fixed soon.. :thumbsup:

Iceman 04-10-2005 05:18 AM

:angry:

stream 04-10-2005 09:37 AM

Sorry to hear about that. I drive 101 a lot, and it is the worst for debris on the road, especially with all the construction. As somebody else said, might be time for the sport bumper! :whistle: