E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My car died today !

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Driving home today my car gave a sudden lurch then lost virtually all power ! The RPM's dropped to 1000 and then just serged between 1000 and 1100 with a real jerkiness to the throttle, which was completely dead, no response to peddle mash etc. I pulled over as soon as I could and left a voice mail with my customer service guy. I turned the car off and restarted it .... the Christmas tree of lights on the dash lit up and my Idrive told me to drive at reduced speed. Long story short I got back to the dealer after a friggin bizzare drive with half the city raging at my slow driving with flashers on !! Nice , considerate people ...But I suppose they just figured some jerk in a BMW was screwing up their drive home. Everyone at the dealer was empathetic but I was a pissed off ! I left the car and got a ride home with my wife ..... I'll keep you posted...... till now the love affair was pretty great !

Cheers
Old 12-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 520iA Petrol

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='503831' date='Dec 7 2007, 09:18 AM
Driving home today my car gave a sudden lurch then lost virtually all power ! The RPM's dropped to 1000 and then just serged between 1000 and 1100 with a real jerkiness to the throttle, which was completely dead, no response to peddle mash etc. I pulled over as soon as I could and left a voice mail with my customer service guy. I turned the car off and restarted it .... the Christmas tree of lights on the dash lit up and my Idrive told me to drive at reduced speed. Long story short I got back to the dealer after a friggin bizzare drive with half the city raging at my slow driving with flashers on !! Nice , considerate people ...But I suppose they just figured some jerk in a BMW was screwing up their drive home. Everyone at the dealer was empathetic but I was a pissed off ! I left the car and got a ride home with my wife ..... I'll keep you posted...... till now the love affair was pretty great !

Cheers
Aww... I feel sorry... but its not exactly dead....looks like a concusion
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

Geez, Westcoast550, between your luck and Frank970's water hole episode, think I'll stay out of Vancouver for a while. Trust they will sort yours out quickly and you'll be back mobile. Keep us posted on what's going on.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 550i 2007 M-Kit installed- 367 BHP Sapphire black, comfort seats, comfort access, HUD, Professional Nav, Logic 7.

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='503831' date='Dec 7 2007, 08:18 AM

Cheers
This is unexpected..... Hope it will be a minor glitch... keep us posted...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wees75' post='503862' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:46 PM
This is unexpected..... Hope it will be a minor glitch... keep us posted...
If its minor. It is a minor glitch causing a MAJOR inconvenience.

Hope everything goes well westcoast.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

That sucks man. Thank goodness you managed to get it into a dealer. Hope it all goes well with getting it sorted out, and do keep us posted.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='503831' date='Dec 7 2007, 07:18 AM

Cheers
Oh well, at least its not likley to a "concept".

Hopefully.

Regards,
Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

sorry to hear about that, very frustrating, especially because you don't expect with these cars. at least it did not fully lock up and you were still able to control and drive the car. good luck getting it sorted, hopefully very soon...
Old 12-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Hey Guys thanks for the kind words of support,the dealer is booking service appointments 2+ weeks out so I hope they can "squeeze" me in ! I'm sure glad I wasn't on a highway or somewhere remote when this happenned..... I'll give you guys and update when I here something.
Thanks and Cheers
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='503988' date='Dec 7 2007, 03:56 PM
I'm sure glad I wasn't on a highway or somewhere remote when this happenned.....
You are absolutely right! Safety>Money! Hope everything goes well buddy!

Quick Reply: My car died today !