E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My Car =(

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='377855' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:50 PM
After thinking about it and talking it over with my father, I decided to eat the deductible. My dad told me to just be happy that I'm ok and explained to me that a few hundred dollars isn't worth it because what if I persue the case and if the driver loses his job. How will he support his family and it could cause a lot more reprocussions for him and his family. The guy driving the truck looked like he didn't make much at all and was just trying to make a living, he could hardly speak english. I just hope he learns his lesson from this and covers his truck from now on.
Your father and you are very good men.

Although he didn't meant to hurt you car, but what he did is called negligence. Hopfefully he will learn from this lesson.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is that a good reaction?

Sure, the guy shouldn't necessarily lose his job, but does this contribute to removing potentially harmful drivers from the roads?

When there are no consequences for the drivers or companies not protecting their cargo from potentially killing innocent bystanders?

No one has the right to impose such dangers on their environment...
Based on the stories on this forum, flying debris on American highways is not unusual, and people should do whatever they can to prevent such damage.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

My car is still in the shop, over 3 weeks...I miss my car!!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 335i sedan 6 mt

Damn, sorry about that.

I hate the 22, esp after they fixed it up. That whole freeway is now just a big S curve over and over.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='387412' date='Feb 4 2007, 07:32 PM
My car is still in the shop, over 3 weeks...I miss my car!!!!
3 weeks! That's a long time for a new moon-roof and body repairs - or is there more than could be seen on the pictures?

Did you at least get something interesting to drive in the mean time... an M5 or M6 for example? (Wishful thinking hey!)
Old 02-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Members

Arrow

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='377689' date='Jan 13 2007, 09:25 AM
The same applies to misdemeanor crimes not committed in the policeman's presence, they take a report but cannot arrest unless one of the partys wants to make a private persons arrest.
With the exception of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes. (In California)
Old 02-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

I FINALLY GOT MY CAR BACK!!! Oh man, I missed how it drove!!!! I love my car
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

That's terrible. You must have been fit to be tied when the officer refused to ticket the operator of the truck. I presume you have an incident report that the officer completed - or a number for one that can be picked up in the near future. This report should contain the truck's license plate number and other registration information. Perhaps you have some of this info. already.

Like lawguy said, send the trucking company a letter indicate that you are pursuing a claim for the damage to your vehicle. In fact, put "Notice of Claim" in bold at the top of the letter. Send it certified, return receipt. At the same time, submit a request for insurance information to the DMV using all information you have about the truck in question. They take a few weeks to process. If you haven't heard back from the trucking company by then, you might get lucky with a detailed response from DMV listing the trucks insurance carrier. Then you can call them directly and set up the claim, and site the fact that their insured never responded to your ceritified letter of notice (a violation of the insurance policy on the part of the insured). If this process isn't fruitful, you can always encourage your own company to pursue a subrogation claim for the money they will pay out if you go through them for your property damage. You'd be amazed at what insurance investigators can discover.

At least nodoby was hurt. Better luck in the future.

DRP
Old 02-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by paasan' post='378440' date='Jan 15 2007, 07:14 AM
Why is that a good reaction?

Sure, the guy shouldn't necessarily lose his job, but does this contribute to removing potentially harmful drivers from the roads?

When there are no consequences for the drivers or companies not protecting their cargo from potentially killing innocent bystanders?

No one has the right to impose such dangers on their environment...
Based on the stories on this forum, flying debris on American highways is not unusual, and people should do whatever they can to prevent such damage.

Damn...You sound like an American
Old 02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='377682' date='Jan 13 2007, 12:07 PM
I live in New Jersey which is a no fault state. Last year my fiancee was rear ended and since it was a no fault state the cop could not write a ticket and place blame!
no fault has only to do with how insurance is paid, it does not stop a police officer from issuing a ticket for an infraction.

Quick Reply: My Car =(