E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My Car =(

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Yo buddy, hope you and your baby will be OK soon. Second did you by chance notices his plate? If yes your almost covered, I would even make pics of the mf...

You can sew him AND the company. As well as in USA also here in EU you canNOT transport such junk like that: uncovered and leaving debris on freeway. YOu have good chances, but you need also a report from an expert who has to also proove it is from those junk, and you and the lawyer has to get this mf to court and make him confess all.

You may also take the company to press, may be they would pay you a new car just not to do that., Hey you live in USA I would shot him if this happens. POLICE was useless in this case, why they do not think that doing 55MPH you smashed your own window and then you want to have money from poor truck driver. If you see a truck even in outter lanes, switch back and floor it, I would never let a truck like that close to my MAMBA.

Hope to help you but go and get a good lawyer, also try may be TASA(.com) they win OJ case
Old 01-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

Ouch, best of luck there man..
Old 01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Ouch, sry to hear about it. I hope things will end up fine.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Man that absolutely sucks! Take his plate and the truck company name and call them. Find a lawyer thats willing to take your case for your deductable and whatever he can make off the case. I'm sure there would be some willing to take the case. That sucks that the copper didnt do anything about it. Those are the useless cops that i dont like. There are good ones out there but sounds like this one wasnt one of them. Jealous of your nice car so he didnt care.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

I live in New Jersey which is a no fault state. Last year my fiancee was rear ended and since it was a no fault state the cop could not write a ticket and place blame! I was even a fist hand witness that watched it from the outside! Following up with the insurance companies they were ready to settle for 50% fault on a rear ending! The good news is that after months of many calls with the insurance company faught for the right side and placed the blame on the other drive.

It was a pain in the butt, but it finally settled for the good guys in the end.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Senior Members

I am sorry this happened to you and glad you are okay. The police can't write a ticket because it didn't happen in their presence. The same applies to misdemeanor crimes not committed in the policeman's presence, they take a report but cannot arrest unless one of the partys wants to make a private persons arrest. In your case all they can do is write the report and your insurance company can get a copy of it and sue the driver's insurance company for the repair and deductable. You have good pictures of the truck and I am sure you will win. For a felony the crime doesn't have to happen in their presence and action can be taken.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

After thinking about it and talking it over with my father, I decided to eat the deductible. My dad told me to just be happy that I'm ok and explained to me that a few hundred dollars isn't worth it because what if I persue the case and if the driver loses his job. How will he support his family and it could cause a lot more reprocussions for him and his family. The guy driving the truck looked like he didn't make much at all and was just trying to make a living, he could hardly speak english. I just hope he learns his lesson from this and covers his truck from now on.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Members

Sorry to hear of your problem. I lost a windshied in my MB SL due to a sheet of ice coming off the top of a semi owned by a large supermarket chain. I called them and got the expected run-around. Then I filed a claim in small claims court for $13. Everything changed. They were then calling me looking to resolve this. I got full reimbursement. The cost of a lawyer for a day in small claims can easily be several thousand dollars, coupled with the chance that they lose the case anyway. This approach has worked successfully for me on the two occasions that I needed some help. Small claims can be the best bargain in town.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='377855' date='Jan 13 2007, 07:50 PM
After thinking about it and talking it over with my father, I decided to eat the deductible. My dad told me to just be happy that I'm ok and explained to me that a few hundred dollars isn't worth it because what if I persue the case and if the driver loses his job. How will he support his family and it could cause a lot more reprocussions for him and his family. The guy driving the truck looked like he didn't make much at all and was just trying to make a living, he could hardly speak english. I just hope he learns his lesson from this and covers his truck from now on.
Good advice. In the big picture you should not mess up someone just because it messed up your BMW! Sometimes we win, sometimes it costs us money.

Bottom line is bad things happen all the time and the fact that no one was hurt, and you can recover with no real affect is good.

Good thing the driver did not just shoot you down in fear, or that your just another dick with a BMW!
Old 01-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Great job documenting the situation with your camera. Take a deep breath and be thankful nobody got hurt. A few bucks will take care of the problem and it will be quickly behind you. My sympathy on the damage to your baby.

Quick Reply: My Car =(