E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My battery is going

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: no work done yet, just go the car a week ago but looking to do some work soon
Thumbs up

My car Battery is starting to go, when car stands over night it takes a while for it to turn on and even sometimes my car data gets erased saying the battery was disconnected... My car is still under warranty amd had a prob with my car b4 and the dealer said it might be the battery and if it is they would change it, but they didnt ... Soim wondering if i call them if they would change it and if not should i change it myself and how much is a new battery?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Polska530' post='1044595' date='Nov 1 2009, 09:15 AM
My car Battery is starting to go, when car stands over night it takes a while for it to turn on and even sometimes my car data gets erased saying the battery was disconnected... My car is still under warranty amd had a prob with my car b4 and the dealer said it might be the battery and if it is they would change it, but they didnt ... Soim wondering if i call them if they would change it and if not should i change it myself and how much is a new battery?
It may be more than (only) your battery. Be alert for the "unacceptable driving pattern" excuse ... BMW on-board electronic demands more than the battery can deal with when the car is driven only for short trips (less than 10 miles per day). Also have the tech interrogate the charging system to ensure it is functioning properly or a new battery will live a short life. Many SAs try to convince customers that batteries are not covered under warranty.

That is a practice that BMWNA should stop immediately - In my opinion, that practice reflects POORLY on BMW!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

If the SA won't give you a new battery I would ask to speak with the service manager and tell him that previously it was stated that the car may need a new battery and just ask him for a new battery since the re-charge did not accomplish anything. G/L
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Hi, my warranty just ended and I managed to get a new battery. Which was basically bad since the day one
Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Members

My Ride: no work done yet, just go the car a week ago but looking to do some work soon

Thanks for the advice
Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ya go back and try again. I had a battery replaced under warranty after 3.5 yrs on my 545. They tried to say I didn't drive it enough but I had twice the milage they said was minimum. Then they said well it's not always exactlly that. They knew I wasn't buying it and said the techs will check. They ended up replacing it. This wasn't at my normal dealer otherwise I wouldn't have gotten any hassle. But with a dead battery I had to goto the closest dealer.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i black/black, OEM 166 Wheels Powder Coated Gunmetal Finish with M6 offsets, H&R Sport Springs, 12" Kicker L7, Fosgate Punch 75

I have an 06' 530i that is under CPO warranty. Its got 40k miles on it. The battery is starting to go. DO you think there are any chances it will be covered under the warranty.
Also any recomendations on good BMW service centers. I live in Yorba Linda and work in Rancho Cucamonga. I have tried Savage BMW and hated their service.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by socal_doc' post='1046169' date='Nov 3 2009, 01:03 PM
I have an 06' 530i that is under CPO warranty. Its got 40k miles on it. The battery is starting to go. DO you think there are any chances it will be covered under the warranty.
Also any recomendations on good BMW service centers. I live in Yorba Linda and work in Rancho Cucamonga. I have tried Savage BMW and hated their service.
Depends...... How long how you been a customer? They may do a goodwill if ask nicely and remind them how loyal you have been to the dealership.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 Jet Black 545i w/ sport pkg, nav, HUD

Originally Posted by Polska530' post='1044595' date='Nov 1 2009, 07:15 AM

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. They charged mine 3 times before they gave me a new one. They will interrogate you like the gestapo about your 'driving profile.' Stick to your guns and demand a new battery. As far as cost, my bro got raped for $500 at houston bmw and my buddy got one for $350 at new orleans bmw. I think batteries plus has one for about $200.
Will
Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lospice1' post='1046563' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:38 PM
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. They charged mine 3 times before they gave me a new one. They will interrogate you like the gestapo about your 'driving profile.' Stick to your guns and demand a new battery. As far as cost, my bro got raped for $500 at houston bmw and my buddy got one for $350 at new orleans bmw. I think batteries plus has one for about $200.
Will
1. Get a list of salespeople at your local BMW dealership.
2. Call each one of them separately, and document name, time, date question, answer.
3. For the heck of it, ask them several questions about warranties on new and used BMW E60s. e.g., what is not covered, etc. Ask how the warranties work. etc.
4. If dealership denies coverage, show him your list of names, dates, times, answers.
5. This "survey" can be presented to dealership very professionally and without an attitude. If you have any blondes around, you might want to have one of them present the info to the dealership.

Quick Reply: My battery is going