E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My Accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

i was driving on my birthday (feb 14th) feeling like it was gonna be a great day.. i was on my way to university to do an MBA presintation for the FIRST time in my life i decide to go to a little early (30 mins) instead of rushing and arrivng on time or a couple of minutes late.. i wasnt drivng very fast, at the time i was doing under 80KMH, and all of a sudden an old car reverses out of its park and i hit the brake 110% but my tires were a little worn and that road must have been very dirtty, cause the ABS kicked in like crazy and i had no grip what so ever. i hit the car at a perpendicular angle. my right side hit just right behind his rear tire (around 40KM).. my car felt sold, during the hit it didnt spin, jump, slide. on the other side the location that i hit his car (late/mid 80s Toyota Cressida) spun him 90 degrees. thank god the was no one behind me to finish the job... :S
his car was not badly damaged, 200$ will fix his car, as other than a few dents and scratches his tail light was broke in which flew in to my car from the my open sun roof.
on the other side my cars condition was embarassing..my car absorbed the over 80% of the impact. and the damage can be seen..
but other than those body panel nothing changed the car still drove the same, and except for a little more noise (wind noise probably).. i continued driving it that day cause i didnt have any time to do anything else...
i was planing on traveling early morning on the 16th, and so had on only one day (15th) to finish the paper work with the insurrance company, and see what the dealler says about my car.. i finished the with the inssurace company..all is good now to the dealer.. the saw the car.. they were supprised how did it crumpled and bent like that, the body shop said its probably because it was on the side, i told him that the other car hardly had any damage.. he thought i was speeding, so did every other soul that saw the accident, truth is i wasnt driving that fast but the brakes didnt hold, and even upon impact, it wasnt that hard (but that maybe because of the way my car took the hit)..they told me to stop driving it and they took the car.so i handed them the papers and ask them to continue the paper work while i was away on my vication. ok so today i return and went to the dealer first thing in the morning, he told me the car needs some parts to be ordered because they dont have everything, and everything needs to be changed and is unfixable including the bonet(hood).. i asked how much are the inssurace paying and to my supprise he said they are paying over 10000 $, thats alot of money for an accident that was under 50km/h...
told the dealer to order the m-bumper while hes at it. im gonna pay the differrence... which should be still be alot... given the prices i've seen from them..here are some pics.. i dont have a car for 3 weeks.

My Accident-dsc00575.jpg
My Accident-dsc00577.jpg
My Accident-dsc00578.jpg
My Accident-dsc00580.jpg
My Accident-dsc00581.jpg
My Accident-dsc00582.jpg
Old 02-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

Oh it hurts so much to look at those pics. Terribly sorry man for what happened. Hope you get it fixed as soon as possible with no difference except the M bumper.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 '07 - Monacoblue, Audio system: SPL Dynamics SW300D4, SPL Dynamics S1200d, DLS UP1C Coming: New rims & Exhaust system

I'm very sorry about what happened. Hope you get it fixed as soon as possible with no difference except the M bumper. - Same words than BetterMakeWay
Old 02-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Contributors

OUCH!!! I feel so bad... Hope everything is fine...
Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Sorry you had such a lousy birthday. I hope it somehow got at least a little better............
Old 02-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch. Sorry to hear.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

your fine
:'( about the car
car will be good as new soon.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Hey your E60 looks like a tough guy now. A bruised eye and all.. :/ Sorry about it though, always hurts when E60 gets hurt.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

it hurts to see that.. sorry about that and about your day. itll all be good though in the future.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

thanks all for your reply...sorry i have been really busy these day, and havnt had a chance to keep up... im still waiting parts should be another few days before they start to arrive...

Quick Reply: My Accident