E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My 530i vs. E350 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by swajames' post='286151' date='May 22 2006, 01:48 PM
Well, not that I was at all interested in racing, but I happily "lost" to a guy in an E350 yesterday. Taking the family to the movies in the morning and we're rolling up to a light which was red but has just gone green. Three lane highway, so I moved over one lane to the empty right hand lane, the 350 was initially in the middle . I'm just driving at normal speeds, and the E350, which has started to pull away, suddenly veers into my lane. I'm thinking the guy just didn't see us, so I indicate and move back into the lane I was in originally. The 350 instantly veers right back into the same lane right in front of me - and brakes - before accelerating away. Basically saying you're not going to pass me. His first manoevre had already caused me to have to brake heavily, and I had three kids in the back, his second did the same and signalled his real agenda. This guy in a 350 effectively endangered my kids with unbelievably dangerous driving, seemingly because he had seen the angel eyes in his mirror and his ego got the better of him. Looked like he had a really nice new 350 as well so I'm not sure what was going on with him but that was one incident that if he so chooses he can happily chalk up to a kill of a 545.
On the road, there are good dads and bad dads. I'm glad to see you are one of the good dads.

If one really think about it, if you had "showed" the MB, you would have been satisfied. But the kids could have been horrified, and the wife (if she was in the car) might have taken your license away. So in the end, you can get great satisfaction but probably feel guilt because of putting your kids in possible danger.

You definitely know your priorities.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Smile

Originally Posted by swajames' post='286151' date='May 22 2006, 12:48 PM
Well, not that I was at all interested in racing, but I happily "lost" to a guy in an E350 yesterday. Taking the family to the movies in the morning and we're rolling up to a light which was red but has just gone green. Three lane highway, so I moved over one lane to the empty right hand lane, the 350 was initially in the middle . I'm just driving at normal speeds, and the E350, which has started to pull away, suddenly veers into my lane. I'm thinking the guy just didn't see us, so I indicate and move back into the lane I was in originally. The 350 instantly veers right back into the same lane right in front of me - and brakes - before accelerating away. Basically saying you're not going to pass me. His first manoevre had already caused me to have to brake heavily, and I had three kids in the back, his second did the same and signalled his real agenda. This guy in a 350 effectively endangered my kids with unbelievably dangerous driving, seemingly because he had seen the angel eyes in his mirror and his ego got the better of him. Looked like he had a really nice new 350 as well so I'm not sure what was going on with him but that was one incident that if he so chooses he can happily chalk up to a kill of a 545.

The E350 driver was a REAL MAN cutting you and your kids off! :thumbsdown:

Catch the pr*ck when you guys are mano y mano and let' em know it wasn't appreciated.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Two guys sitting next to each other on a flight to a German auto convention. One a BMW fan. The other of Mercedes.

The BMW guy decided to get up to get something to drink, but before doing so, politely asked the other gentleman,
"I'm so thirsty. Could I get you something to drink as well?"
"Well, how kind of you," said the Mercedes guy, "I'll have a soda. Thank you!"

After the BMW guy walked away, the Mercedes guy takes the gum he is chewing out of his mouth and sticks it onto the backrest of the other gentleman's seat.
Upon returning, the BMW guy hands the cup of soda to the Mercedes guy saying,
"Here you go!"
"Thank you again. This is really nice of you," said the Mercedes guy with such a fake smile on his face.

The Mercedes guy proceeds to take a drink from his cup while trying to refrain from laughing. Meanwhile, the BMW guy sits himself down, leans back onto his chair and immediately realizes what has just happened.
He calmly turns to the Mercedes guy and says,
"Why can't we ever get along?
I mean, how much fighting must there be between the love for BMW and Mercedes?
This, this...childish competition and nonsense hatred.
This, this...sticking of chewing gum and urinating in soda!"