E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my 5 year plan S54 in my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I realize I will never have the chance to have a new bmw that I love as much as my e60. The days of light weight are gone, high revving engines gone and styling that is aggressive and unique gone IMO.

I really love everything about my car and could see myself driving it for another 10 years easily-but when I start saving some money-10k or so, how cool would it be to drop an M S54 engine from the e46 M3 into my 530i. I cant think of any car I would rather have. I do not like the e46 m3 styling nearly as much and I do think it looks dated but the e60 still looks better and newer than anyting on the road and I love the size and comfort of my car--but the ONE thing that would make this a literal dream car would be to have that M3 I6 333hp 8300 RPM limited engine.

How hard to you think it would be to come across a low mileage engine or rebuild one would probably be the better bet--do you think I could get that swap done for 10-15k?
Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like an interesting swap. It would definitely cost a lot of money but if you love the car so much. You might need a totaled M3 as I am not sure you would only need the engine - you might need a custom wiring harness etc.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Contributors

dude nobody gives a flying shit about you or your retarded ass ideas

go away and fall into a fire
Old 09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

are you related to tuffluck?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered

Hahahah, someone is a little bitter
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
are you related to tuffluck?
What is funny, is i actually know what your talking about...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
So I realize I will never have the chance to have a new bmw that I love as much as my e60. The days of light weight are gone, high revving engines gone and styling that is aggressive and unique gone IMO.

I really love everything about my car and could see myself driving it for another 10 years easily-but when I start saving some money-10k or so, how cool would it be to drop an M S54 engine from the e46 M3 into my 530i. I cant think of any car I would rather have. I do not like the e46 m3 styling nearly as much and I do think it looks dated but the e60 still looks better and newer than anyting on the road and I love the size and comfort of my car--but the ONE thing that would make this a literal dream car would be to have that M3 I6 333hp 8300 RPM limited engine.

How hard to you think it would be to come across a low mileage engine or rebuild one would probably be the better bet--do you think I could get that swap done for 10-15k?
Dude, there is one road this will take you...that is trouble. Look at this forum and the countless topics about errors coming from factory models.

You are completely customising and rebuilding a BMW. It will cost you more than a house! Plus, you have not only wiring and fitting issues, you have balance and handeling too. sell the e60 and get a m3 or how bout 2 of them... Give me one for saving your all that money.... Black please
Old 09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered

Gotta love how much power I have over you for you to care to be that obnoxious! You are weak
Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Lol I can see it now....new thread.... DON'T do S54 Engine Swap!!! lol

But for real, if you pull it off it would be one hell of a car. That's a really special engine. But regardless, I don't think your drivetrain is supposed to rev that high. I think you'd be better off doing a small overhaul down the road and mounting a supercharger. You get the same HP but more torque than S54...better reliability and less headache.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Diamond
Gotta love how much power I have over you for you to care to be that obnoxious! You are weak
the only guys that truly give two shits about horsepower in a heavy ass sedan are small dong losers that need to pay ugly girls for sex

Quick Reply: my 5 year plan S54 in my car