E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My '07 550 review/few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I just got my '07 550! -Those are some long freakin' 8 1/2 weeks since I dropped this sled off in Frankfurt after ED! -I've been like a heroin addict ...each night waking up in the fetal position shaking and sweating needing my fix... it's finally here, and lets just say it feels great to be back on the needle! The review...

I had the M aero kit installed post ED, and it looks like a different car! That was $2K well spent, and I couldn't be happier! ...I also purchased some M6 series 167 19" wheels (thanks for the reco Jiio), and they look amazing! I had the Ipod adapter installed, and I love it. Everything works great with my nano, except if I try to skip a song in "random" mode it cancels random, which pretty much sucks. -I 've read it is a firmware issue!? -Is there anyway to downgrade firmware? The IPOD adapter really is a must, even with the issues. I have premium sound, and it sounds amazing. I had an after market system in my '06 330 and this is everybit as good!
IDRIVE is awesome. It took me maybe 10 minutes to figure out (I have NOOO idea why all of the car mag hacks are always baggin' on it!)
Comfort seats are incredible. Feels like they morph to my Body each time I get in!
Comfort access is cool, but it sucks having to dig for my key to arm the alarm. -maybe i'm missing something...I haven't had time to read the manual cover to cover!
2 things that suck...the aux input is in the BACK of the center console ...WTF!?! This makes zero sense to me! And there isn't a power outlet inside the center console! This makes charging my cell phone very cumbersome! Speaking of my cell phone, my phone (Samsung i730 -best pda/smart phone on the planet!) paired with the car's bluetooth seemlessly! Full features baby...contacts, speed dial, the works!
Last but not least, this sucka flies! -I raced my buddy in his '06 M3, and I could hang every step of the way! -he ended up taking me, but it was my first night in this beast! -I'd say that match up is a drivers race. Anyway, sorry to ramble on. -I think this is a record for long-ass posts! ...I will post some pics soon! cheers...
Old 11-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 1973 porsche 911, 32,000 miles,with all S options and leather sport seats. 2004 porsche GT3,white track car, 2003 porsche boxter "my wife's" 2004 3/4 ton suburban tow vehicle, 24' pace trailer, 2006 BMW530XI, black, auburn, also "my wife's" about to buy a BMW 550I,silver gray,

did you sell the wheel ?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by dirty Sanchez' post='359210' date='Nov 22 2006, 08:32 AM
I just got my '07 550! -Those are some long freakin' 8 1/2 weeks since I dropped this sled off in Frankfurt after ED! -I've been like a heroin addict ...each night waking up in the fetal position shaking and sweating needing my fix... it's finally here, and lets just say it feels great to be back on the needle! The review...

I

Congrats!!! I know the feeling waiting for the redelivery. It actually hurts. But when you get it back, oh boy what a feeling. Guess I was lucky as the wait was just sky of 6 six weeks. See my sign.

Time to pops those viens.

CVT Benhogan
Old 11-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Congrats on the delivery. I have been in agony waiting for the break-in period to be over with so I can mash the pedal (still haven't upshifted at redline yet @ 1100 miles).

BTW killer handle.

DRP
Old 11-22-2006, 05:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

(Last but not least, this sucka flies! -I raced my buddy in his '06 M3, and I could hang every step of the way! -he ended up taking me, but it was my first night in this beast! -I'd say that match up is a drivers race. Anyway, sorry to ramble on. -I think this is a record for long-ass posts! ...I will post some pics soon! cheers...)

I would say hanging with him is pretty good, since the M3 is rated at
0-60 in 4.8s
Old 11-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dirty Sanchez' post='359210' date='Nov 22 2006, 07:32 AM
Comfort seats are incredible. Feels like they morph to my Body each time I get in!
Comfort access is cool, but it sucks having to dig for my key to arm the alarm. -maybe i'm missing something...I haven't had time to read the manual cover to cover!
2 things that suck...the aux input is in the BACK of the center console ...WTF!?! This makes zero sense to me! And there isn't a power outlet inside the center console! This makes charging my cell phone very cumbersome!

You can lock via CA by closing the door with your hand on the handle and thumb on the (key hole) part of the handle.

As for the 12v outlet? I used to keep the charger plugged into one of the rear outlets and I would snake the cord to the front center near the hand brake. That is until I picked up a cradle and traded my A630 for a cradle supported phone.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Contributors

There is a power outlet in the front passenger footwell. Awkward to find, but turns out to be a nice location 'cause you can store the cord in the elastic pocket thingamajiggee.

You can impress your friends with the ability to lock the doors with a touch of any of the door handles.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Congrats...Would love to see some pics. I bet the M5 mirrors look awesome!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jim911' post='359216' date='Nov 22 2006, 06:29 AM
did you sell the wheel ?
Are you talking about my old (still new) series 124 wheels? -I had a buyer, was going to ship today, but he emailed that he "couldn't swing it right now".
So, I still have my wheels/tires as well as my 6 disc changer for sale!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats dirty Sanchez

Car fever is bad, but it must feel good the step up from the E90?

Get a Nokia!

Pics needed

PS. Someone buy the 124's, fast!

Quick Reply: My '07 550 review/few questions