E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Munich and BMW

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a somewhat personal look at BMW and the city. Virtual tours of both Munich and the BMW Museum are at the bottom of the page

Jonathan Spira?s Munich

The letter ?B? is not found in ?Munich? but it might as well be. The letter B is everywhere in the city, whether it?s on the street (BMW), in a restaurant (Bier), or in a political discussion (Bayern, or Bavaria). It?s probably the most important letter in the city as a result.

Without a doubt, Munich (München) is a study in contrasts. It is the modern and hip capital of staunchly conservative Bavaria, a city where the modern constantly bumps into the old, and a high-tech center with an entrepreneurial spirit where world-class established firms such as BMW and Siemens are also headquartered.

Over five million people have visited the BMW Welt since its opening, making it the most frequently visited attraction in Munich (admission is free). Designed by Prof. Wolf Prix, a principal at the Viennese design firm Coop Himmelb(l)au and a student of Prof. Karl Schwanzer, the building?s architecture, including the striking Doppelkegel (double cone) and the flying cloud roof, represents a new order in design yet the BMW Welt is harmoniously integrated into the context of the surrounding BMW buildings and Olympic Park architecture.

?
Read the full article

Old 05-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Great round up of Munich's top attractions. My wife and I visited there on vacation in December 2003 on a 2 week vacation through Germany (Berlin, Koln, Dusseldorf and Munich). We really had a great time there. Yes Munich and Berlin are nothing alike. But we liked both.