E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

More power and speed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings members!

I just my 07' 530i sports/premium pack. I want to get more power and speed out of my car.

Are there any upgrades I can do to add more power? add or change any parts under the hood? (At the same time I don't want to do anything that will void my factory warranty.)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

More power and speed.-copy_of_bmw.jpg
Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

First things first you NEED a Sprint Booster, which eliminates the lag time in the accelerator pedal.

You could do a cold air intake by aFe or Dinan. Exhaust. ECU remapping.

Remove your floor mats.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='650515' date='Aug 19 2008, 11:07 PM
First things first you NEED a Sprint Booster, which eliminates the lag time in the accelerator pedal.

You could do a cold air intake by aFe or Dinan. Exhaust. ECU remapping.

Remove your floor mats.

Thanks for the insight!

My car is also Not a manual transmission if it makes any difference.

What does a sprint booster do exactly? Where do I get one and Can I install it on my own?

What is a ECU remapping?

Ryan-
Old 08-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 04' 525i in Mystic Blue

Dranged cat believe your forgetting the most important mod!! Plus this mod adds would add at least 20 hp - 30hp to his current ride...

u know that small little sticker that says ..... oh i dont know.... e60.net
Old 08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Contributors

They make different versions, one for auto and one for manual. Order it from Andy Wong. Email is: sale@PartsExporter.com price should be under $300
It just plugs inline between your pedal and the car.

Great Sprint Booster description written by member tachyon:

"I was skeptical too about the benefits of installing a SB. I figured, as you do - what's the difference ... just mash down harder on the accelerator for the same impact.

Well, somehow the SB does more than that: the lag is totally gone; the rev's climb lightening fast; and shift speeds are twice as quick. It's like the E60 has a whole new brain - the brain of Lewis Hamilton instead of Mr. Bean.

It literally transforms the car into a beast. And with that, you easily re-learn how to apply your toes lightly to the accelerator - it's not a chore, the stiffness of the pedal is the same.

The interesting thing about the SB in the E60 is that it maintains the split personality of the power plant (easy going when you want, but a monster on demand) - except that the gap is now wider. In fact, I have been getting better in-city gas mileage with the SB, simply because I can't call on Dr. Jekyll on narrow suburban lanes for fear of putting women, children, and dogs at risk. Instead, I'm Mr. Hyde more often now close to home. But when you summon the beast, WOW, it's a whole new game."

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=52199 (post 11)
Old 08-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by saeriksen' post='650527' date='Aug 20 2008, 01:31 AM
Dranged cat believe your forgetting the most important mod!! Plus this mod adds would add at least 20 hp - 30hp to his current ride...

u know that small little sticker that says ..... oh i dont know.... e60.net
+1 Contributing to the forum is a great Power and Speed mod!! Donate and you receive a limited edition window cling!

http://www.e60.net/donate/
Old 08-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='650528' date='Aug 19 2008, 11:32 PM
They make different versions, one for auto and one for manual. Order it from Andy Wong. Email is: sale@PartsExporter.com
It just plugs inline between your pedal and the car.

Great Sprint Booster description written by member tachyon:

"I was skeptical too about the benefits of installing a SB. I figured, as you do - what's the difference ... just mash down harder on the accelerator for the same impact.

Well, somehow the SB does more than that: the lag is totally gone; the rev's climb lightening fast; and shift speeds are twice as quick. It's like the E60 has a whole new brain - the brain of Lewis Hamilton instead of Mr. Bean.

It literally transforms the car into a beast. And with that, you easily re-learn how to apply your toes lightly to the accelerator - it's not a chore, the stiffness of the pedal is the same.

The interesting thing about the SB in the E60 is that it maintains the split personality of the power plant (easy going when you want, but a monster on demand) - except that the gap is now wider. In fact, I have been getting better in-city gas mileage with the SB, simply because I can't call on Dr. Jekyll on narrow suburban lanes for fear of putting women, children, and dogs at risk. Instead, I'm Mr. Hyde more often now close to home. But when you summon the beast, WOW, it's a whole new game."

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=52199 (post 11)

Does the Sprint Booster eat up a lot of gas sense it's accelerating so fast? Will I see my mpg go down?

How does it install to the car?

Donation is definitely not an issue.

Ryan-
Old 08-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mariners77' post='650538' date='Aug 20 2008, 01:46 AM
Does the Sprint Booster eat up a lot of gas sense it's accelerating so fast? Will I see my mpg go down?

How does it install to the car?

Donation is definitely not an issue.

Ryan-
Ryan, you learn to adjust to the Sprint Booster so MPG is not an issue. It is just really nice to eliminate the accelerator lag time inherent in our e60's.

The installation is simple: Remove the Accelerator pedal and unplug it,Plug in sprint booster,Reinstall Accelerator pedal, DONE!
Attached Thumbnails More power and speed.-sprint_booster.jpg  
Old 08-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats on the new (to you) car and enjoy the forums!!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

AFE Intake, Spring Booster, ECU Remap, and Exhaust

PM me for most of these parts.

Quick Reply: More power and speed.