E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Missing MOST-cable; Still possible to install Dension gateway?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! First of all: Thanks for this forum, so many skilled people here, and so many useful posts!
I'm a new BMW owner, and bought myself a 08 E61 a couple of weeks ago. Tried to search for this topic, but couldn't find any answers:

I'm planning to upgrade my stereo (standard version) with a Blaupunkt TH-555 and some new speakers, Audio System X-ion 200. The parts are arriving in about one week and I'll try to do the upgrade by myself (and some dyi's).
However, I would really really want to play mp3s and music from my ipod and control the playlist from the idrive. I've read about the dension gateway and I see people are really happy with the integration. However, I don't have a CD Changer in my car, and as far as I could see I don't even have it prewired, as I can't find any MOST-cable behind the glowsbox compartment.

Is it possible to retrofit a MOSTcable for the dension gateway without changing the headunit? Does the upgrade to Blaupunkt TH-555 add some advantages regarding this issue?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

so let me understand this. You have no MOST connected devices no CDC, no TV, no Bluetooth, no DAB, no SAT?

Even then you will have MOST as the diagnostic plug, so yes its technically possible but it increases the complexity of the install.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
so let me understand this. You have no MOST connected devices no CDC, no TV, no Bluetooth, no DAB, no SAT?

Even then you will have MOST as the diagnostic plug, so yes its technically possible but it increases the complexity of the install.
That's right, no CDC , tv, Bluetooth, dab or sat. Do you know if I still have a most connector on the headunit/ccc (thats where I'm guessing the cdc MOSTcable you guys have is connected?)?

The diagnostic plug... Is that the one marked "OBD" on the lett side of driversseat, by the hoodopener?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

the diagnostic plug is found in the roof of the glove box under a small lid. Every car has a MOST, its what BMW use to program the car.