5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Mirror Auto-Fold By A Press Of A Key (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/mirror-auto-fold-press-key-44829/)

bmw_wpq31 09-17-2007 12:09 AM

:rolleyes: Just wanted to share something that i just knew today after an engine oil change at the dealer.....my side mirrors can now fold just by a press of the lock button on the keyfob... :thumbsup:

so, the dealer went into 'key management' with the SSS computer and activated 'auto-fold function'.....and u know what, i can now fold my side mirrors just by pressing the lock button on my key :thumbsup: ...well, actually a long press of the lock button...but, it certainly is cool man...I recommend any forum member having the folding function of the side mirrors to go ahead and activate the function... :rolleyes:

my2007 09-17-2007 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='470166' date='Sep 17 2007, 04:09 PM
:rolleyes: Just wanted to share something that i just knew today after an engine oil change at the dealer.....my side mirrors can now fold just by a press of the lock button on the keyfob... :thumbsup:

so, the dealer went into 'key management' with the SSS computer and activated 'auto-fold function'.....and u know what, i can now fold my side mirrors just by pressing the lock button on my key :thumbsup: ...well, actually a long press of the lock button...but, it certainly is cool man...I recommend any forum member having the folding function of the side mirrors to go ahead and activate the function... :rolleyes:

Did not know that you can "program" this. Yes, by holding the lock button longer it raises the windows and then folds the mirror. On unlocking, the mirror unfolds as well. If you had folded the mirror with the button inside the car it will not unfold automatically when unlocking.

Iceman 09-17-2007 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by my2007' post='470174' date='Sep 17 2007, 10:38 AM
Did not know that you can "program" this. Yes, by holding the lock button longer it raises the windows and then folds the mirror. On unlocking, the mirror unfolds as well. If you had folded the mirror with the button inside the car it will not unfold automatically when unlocking.

...but at a certain speed they do. ;)

gotabyte 09-17-2007 06:16 AM

Is the folding mirror a standard feature or an add-on? I did not see it listed in the brochure option list. I had an X5 where it was an option.

coolguy 09-17-2007 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by gotabyte' post='470225' date='Sep 17 2007, 10:16 AM
Is the folding mirror a standard feature or an add-on? I did not see it listed in the brochure option list. I had an X5 where it was an option.

Its only available in non-US vechiles I think..

BlaSTiWi 09-17-2007 07:34 AM

It was on my 535xi loaner couple weeks ago, but manually via switch not programmed to the key fob.

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='470244' date='Sep 17 2007, 10:08 AM
Its only available in non-US vechiles I think..

Rudy 09-17-2007 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='470254' date='Sep 17 2007, 11:34 AM
It was on my 535xi loaner couple weeks ago, but manually via switch not programmed to the key fob.

Exactly...

EBMCS03 09-17-2007 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi' post='470254' date='Sep 17 2007, 08:34 AM

Dang it... dealers are getting cheaper and cheaper out here in LA with loners! Now that my dealer subcontracted it out to Enterprise the "BEST" they had on the lot today was a MINI Cooper. REGULAR! not even S and no manual. :thumbsdown:

At least before they had X5s X3s 5 series.. plenty of 3 series and Manual Cooper S's now its mostly automatic Coopers and other junk Enterprise cars.

MIINTY 09-17-2007 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='470166' date='Sep 17 2007, 09:09 AM

+1 another benefit its that its a good visual aid for when you want to know if you've locked the car!

coolguy 09-17-2007 11:25 AM

Any programming option, that would Turn OFF all manually turned on lights when u press LOCK on remote?

I wish they had this feature, so i dont have to keep turn on angeleyes only every day and sometimes forget to turn them off :P