E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The MIGHTY i-DRIVE !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Hey!!!! WHERE'S THE SHOT OF THE "EFFICIENT GERMAN SEX" MENU?!?!?!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfonze' post='968316' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:08 AM
I dont understand why people hate the i-drive, i like that the car have very few buttons and you can control stuff with one. But funny pic still:-)
Remember that over 80% of people could never figure out how to program their VCR to record something when they were out. For a lot of people these things just aren't intuitive. A lot of it also comes from magazine and TV road-testers who despite being intelligent enough to have understood how it worked if they'd given it a few days, they only gave it a few road-test hours and give up. If you watch some of Clarkson's road tests you hear him complaining that the indicator can't be cancelled, the navigation can't be stopped, and all kinds of things that just sound so stupid. But the public pick up on these things and it gets around. It doesn't help when alternates like in Audi's cars are easier to pick up quickly, but ultimately have less powerful controls.

Personally, I'd love it if the idrive had another 20 menus in there and let me control absolutely everything. I want control over the sensitivity of the auto-lights, the rain sensor, I want to turn on digital speed display, have a much wider range of things you can map to the steering wheel buttons - including being able to change gear with the up/down buttons. If only there was an advanced-mode
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='968846' date='Aug 7 2009, 01:36 PM
Remember that over 80% of people could never figure out how to program their VCR to record something when they were out. For a lot of people these things just aren't intuitive. A lot of it also comes from magazine and TV road-testers who despite being intelligent enough to have understood how it worked if they'd given it a few days, they only gave it a few road-test hours and give up. If you watch some of Clarkson's road tests you hear him complaining that the indicator can't be cancelled, the navigation can't be stopped, and all kinds of things that just sound so stupid. But the public pick up on these things and it gets around. It doesn't help when alternates like in Audi's cars are easier to pick up quickly, but ultimately have less powerful controls.

Personally, I'd love it if the idrive had another 20 menus in there and let me control absolutely everything. I want control over the sensitivity of the auto-lights, the rain sensor, I want to turn on digital speed display, have a much wider range of things you can map to the steering wheel buttons - including being able to change gear with the up/down buttons. If only there was an advanced-mode

Well said DD, I would love more control, not less. The iDrive is not hard to figure out, I figured mine out better than the salesman during my test drive. Does it take a little getting used to? Sure, but once you get it it's all good.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='968846' date='Aug 7 2009, 03:36 PM

I agree 100%. I just thought the pic was funny.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Bwahahahaha!!