E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

In Michigan last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i AW - every option

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='635805' date='Jul 30 2008, 06:03 AM
What's worse is that they reproduce and vote!

I kind of wish this country would improve the education system. My family is originally from India (I'm first generation), and people who come here and join schools chuckle at the levels we use compared to out there. Seriously, we have too many idiots reproducing.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

I am 22 and I have NEVER done anything like that. I usually do a head nod as well. This happens mostly with ricer hondas and the like. They see our cars with rims and all that and try to race us. I dont care if your turbo is worth more then your car you are still in an 8 year old Honda. Used to happen to me in my lexus is300 on the daily. I would point and laugh. This kid is obviously a douchebag whose rich mommy and daddy probably bought him a car he knows nothing about it.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Originally Posted by za3879' post='635840' date='Jul 30 2008, 08:51 AM
I kind of wish this country would improve the education system. My family is originally from India (I'm first generation), and people who come here and join schools chuckle at the levels we use compared to out there. Seriously, we have too many idiots reproducing.
Just a tad off topic...but don't knock the American educational system please. It has nothing to do with that. It's how these kids grow up spoiled. They are given everything and do not appreciate it enough. I am 22 and worked for my car. Maybe INDIA should do some changing too. Chuckle at our levels? Maybe we should laugh that 80% of your country is below the poverty level and how dirty and disgusting most of the country is?

Sorry. Im just not into people leaving a country for obvious reason and coming here to mock us.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Senza007' post='635870' date='Jul 30 2008, 09:48 AM
Just a tad off topic...but don't knock the American educational system please. It has nothing to do with that. It's how these kids grow up spoiled. They are given everything and do not appreciate it enough. I am 22 and worked for my car. Maybe INDIA should do some changing too. Chuckle at our levels? Maybe we should laugh that 80% of your country is below the poverty level and how dirty and disgusting most of the country is?

Sorry. Im just not into people leaving a country for obvious reason and coming here to mock us.
DISCLAIMER: The following is in no way malicious towards anyone.

Let me check this real quick - first and foremost im as american as you might consider yourself to be - born and raised, guy. a slight shade of skin tone or the number of generations you may have on me doesnt dictate otherwise. second - its no secret that the education system here is lacking. Do you watch the news?
Do you engage in conversation with people in different areas? It has been at a steady decline now, and in case you didnt notice - i'd like something to be done about it and not interested in other countries gaining on us. I agree that I got off topic with the educational system, and I'm not sure how I got to it - but lets keep it real really quick - India has one of the most ridiculous booming economies today as we tank (very unfortunate because I could care less about that place). Second - indian people come to this country with nothing, and are among the highest contributors to american society as highly qualified professionals in almost all top fields. Also, maybe most of the people there are poor, but wake up and look around this country - middle class americans are suffering here.
look at our national defecit, our economy, etc. what do you think is going to happen here if we dont shape up our act and start making wiser decisions?

Ever travel much? All these other places make us look bad in high-tech, infrastructure, etc. I live here for my freedom, but I dont like the fact that everywhere else is gettin better and better and our situation is tanking, bad.

Lastly - you're right, it IS how these kids grow up. I just really dont know how i got on that topic.
Again I'd like to re-emhasize the fact that this isnt to be taken offensively - but I just wanted to clarify the aforementioned.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Members

za3879,

I maybe losing you but being in IT I can say that more Indian people are being hired in
this field and remain in India. There seems to be a wide range of education and experience levels among IT people. In my experience working with one of the largest US companies whose first level of support is based in India it is almost a coin toss as to competency of the person who you reach.

In my opinion and from talking to some Indians who work over here the outsourcing is actually causing problems in India. Some of the Indians who are working over here even state that there are so many positions opening up and the companies have such a short time to staff them that it leads to hiring people with IT experience but who are not capable of providing adequate support.

We as Americans are partially at fault for the way the economy is today. I know people will hate me for typing this but there is no excuse for us as Americans not demanding more fuel efficient cars prior to the price of oil rising to it?s current state. Don?t even
think about bringing up the ?FreedomCAR? this was and is a complete joke.

I agree with you about the US economy were does it end when there is no accountability
for your actions anymore. Mortgage brokers can approve people who they know are going to default on their loans. The people receiving the loans will have the opportunity to refinance their loan at a lower rate with the $300 billion dollar bailout. The US doesn?t have $300 billion, who is going to buy this debt China again? Financial companies and banks can be bailed out by the government with little recourse.

I?m off my soapbox time to get in the BMW and take a drive to cool off.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dbusiness' post='635988' date='Jul 30 2008, 01:20 PM
za3879,

I maybe losing you but being in IT I can say that more Indian people are being hired in
this field and remain in India. There seems to be a wide range of education and experience levels among IT people. In my experience working with one of the largest US companies whose first level of support is based in India it is almost a coin toss as to competency of the person who you reach.

In my opinion and from talking to some Indians who work over here the outsourcing is actually causing problems in India. Some of the Indians who are working over here even state that there are so many positions opening up and the companies have such a short time to staff them that it leads to hiring people with IT experience but who are not capable of providing adequate support.

We as Americans are partially at fault for the way the economy is today. I know people will hate me for typing this but there is no excuse for us as Americans not demanding more fuel efficient cars prior to the price of oil rising to it?s current state. Don?t even
think about bringing up the ?FreedomCAR? this was and is a complete joke.

I agree with you about the US economy were does it end when there is no accountability
for your actions anymore. Mortgage brokers can approve people who they know are going to default on their loans. The people receiving the loans will have the opportunity to refinance their loan at a lower rate with the $300 billion dollar bailout. The US doesn?t have $300 billion, who is going to buy this debt China again? Financial companies and banks can be bailed out by the government with little recourse.

I?m off my soapbox time to get in the BMW and take a drive to cool off.

You're 100% correct about the IT side of things. I was in tech for a long time and all that outsourcing stuff upsets me for starters, and the quality def does suck. I heard they're facing their first layoffs and stuff. Its such cheap labor that every peon is getting a job. I despise overseas helpdesk/customer service reps and usually hang up the phone myself haha.

I was really upset about that 300 billy bailout because we're toast as it is, but I supopse i dont really know too much about how its gonna work.

Anyway - i dont like punks on the street acting tough was the moral of the initial story. haha.
I have cracked rims, my FTM is going off every two days, my steering wheel tilt is mad loud. I'm not a happy camper these days
oh and some douchebag backed into my rear bumper probably with a tow hitch and left a nice 3" gash in my bumper right down to the bone of the bumper.
rough year for my E60.

hahaah
Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by za3879' post='635840' date='Jul 30 2008, 07:51 AM
DISCLAIMER: statement below is in no way mocking the American educational system.

Off topic, but the public school system in America can be improved.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='636006' date='Jul 30 2008, 01:44 PM
DISCLAIMER: statement below is in no way mocking the American educational system.

Off topic, but the public school system in America can be improved.

haha disclaimers are great. i'm so addicted to this forum - i need to actually do some work today.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Sorry to hear your problems. What surprises me is that it someone in another BMW would be that way. Usually it's the beat up old pickup trucks that I worry about for that kind of stuff.

Someday we need to get the "cool" Detroit area E60 folks together at a cruise night or something.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JPJ' post='636242' date='Jul 30 2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear your problems. What surprises me is that it someone in another BMW would be that way. Usually it's the beat up old pickup trucks that I worry about for that kind of stuff.

Someday we need to get the "cool" Detroit area E60 folks together at a cruise night or something.

Hey - is there a big local crew of E60's? Lets see if we can get something local going, maybe dream cruise weekend or something.
Also, do you have any local hookups for E60 work besides the dealer?

Quick Reply: In Michigan last night