E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Memory seat and keys

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by sapaman' date='Mar 27 2005, 02:50 PM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 27 2005, 06:43 PM'][quote name='sapaman' date='Mar 27 2005, 02:30 PM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 27 2005, 04:30 PM']Can anyone explain WHEN the car will actually use the settings thats stored in the key? Does the car need to be locked with key#1 and unlocked by key #2 to use #2 settings? or do we always need to hit the unlock button once wether the car is locked or unlocked? or can we just get in and start the engine and it will start adjusting the settings then?
[snapback]107422[/snapback]

The "last seat position" function can be set in idrive. I think it is under Vehicle settings --> Door Locks. You can set it to activate when the car is unlocked or when the door is opened.
[snapback]107509[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ya I have it set to activate when car is unlocked... but what happens when I dont lock the door and swap keys? I dont think it'll know either way. Even if I set it to activate when door is opened, if I dont lock the door and swap keys it wont know if I walk up to the car with a new key. I dont think the RF goes that far for the key.
[snapback]107514[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep, I guess that would be a problem. Unless you lock/unlock the car with the new key, the car will have no idea you are using the a different key.
[snapback]107517[/snapback]
[/quote]

I figured it should reset the seats if you insert the key into the ignition... shouldnt it recgonize the new key by then? I know it worked before... but its not consistant... I cant always duplicate it.

Even if the car isnt locked and if I push the unlock button it USUSALLY configures the seat... but my dad doesnt always do that and he just gets into the car and turns the key and goes MY SETTINGS ARNT THERE... and spends 5 mins readjusting the seats all over again So thats why I want to know if anyone has figured a way around this and get the car to adjust the seats when the key is inserted into the ignition... I know it can... it worked couple times like that before... just not all the time...
Old 03-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

Just follow the advice I gave and it will work
Old 03-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Mar 27 2005, 03:13 PM
Just follow the advice I gave and it will work
[snapback]107527[/snapback]

Ya double unlock... I'll remember that.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

There is a bug that the lazy engineers in Munich have nt been able to find and solve yet.
Sometimes the seat doesn't move when you press the unlock button ince. It should, but it sometimes doesn't. Press it twice then, once you notice there is no movement, and it does!
Those engineers in Munich are clueless!
I told them several times, and they can't find the problem!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 27 2005, 02:30 PM
I'm still trying to figure out exactlly how this memory thing works...

My dad and I both have a key to the car and we park it in the garage and so of course it doesnt get locked. Sometimes I can get in the car and just start it and it'll start adjusting the seats... sometimes it doesnt.

Sometimes I can just hit unlock and it will start adjusting the seat sometimes it doesnt... *keep in mind this is done with the car always unlocked*

Some times it screws up and I have to manually reset my seating position again.

Can anyone explain WHEN the car will actually use the settings thats stored in the key? Does the car need to be locked with key#1 and unlocked by key #2 to use #2 settings? or do we always need to hit the unlock button once wether the car is locked or unlocked? or can we just get in and start the engine and it will start adjusting the settings then?
[snapback]107422[/snapback]
Just so you know....sometimes it DOES NOT WORK!! I finally figured I was too dumb to figure it out, went to the dealer, and my salesman said he would set it up for me.....he spent about 30 minutes with it before he said, "that's not right!" So, he took it around to service, and they played with it for another 20 minutes, only to discover that my software doesn't support that feature!! Go figure.....so....new software being installed in a week or so, and hoping that solves the issue for me. I have been able to memory store features in the car, but never been able to have the key memory features work with the seats/mirrors. I pass this along because sometimes I can't figure out if it's just me that can't figure something out, or if something actually DOES NOT WORK, lol.......
Old 03-31-2005, 06:00 AM
Guest_EBMCS03_*

Oh well that explains it... sometimes it doesnt work... I should have know... LOL
Old 04-06-2005, 04:15 AM
Senior Members

Sorry if this is a stupid question guys, but I haven't yet taken delivery of my car.
Does Key Memory only work if you have Memory Seats ?
Or does it still work if you have part electric seat adjustment (as is standard on the Sport Models (UK)).

Cheers.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Key memory has nothing to do with the seat memory. It works. If you have seat memory your seat memory settings will be stored too, but without it your last seat position will be remembered anyways.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Apr 6 2005, 01:22 PM
Key memory has nothing to do with the seat memory. It works. If you have seat memory your seat memory settings will be stored too, but without it your last seat position will be remembered anyways.
[snapback]111870[/snapback]
Iceman........It did not work!! I have partially electric seats (UK SPort model with sport seats), but the key does not remember the last seat position.
There is no option on the i-drive menu (vehicle settings sub menu) either.

Please help! Or just tell me that I haven't got this option. Cheers.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gudge' date='Apr 29 2005, 05:22 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Apr 6 2005, 01:22 PM']Key memory has nothing to do with the seat memory. It works. If you have seat memory your seat memory settings will be stored too, but without it your last seat position will be remembered anyways.
[snapback]111870[/snapback]
Iceman........It did not work!! I have partially electric seats (UK SPort model with sport seats), but the key does not remember the last seat position.
There is no option on the i-drive menu (vehicle settings sub menu) either.

Please help! Or just tell me that I haven't got this option. Cheers.
[snapback]121895[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you don't have the memory you still have the key memory. The key will store how your seat is adjusted, what radio station or entertainment source you were listening to at what volume, etc...
If it doesn't, there is something wrong with your software!
Key memory is not an option, it's available on any E60 as a standard feature.

Quick Reply: Memory seat and keys