E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Member Feedback on Vendors

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i xdrive M-Sport Dark Graphite II 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic-Retired 2001 525i Titanium Silver Metallic-Retired1994 325ic Convertible Boston Green-Retired 1985 325es Dolphin Grey-Retired

(Actually posted this in the classified but wanted it here instead please delete classified post)

Ok, before I get started I just want to say that this is not a stab at any one particular vendor but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I probably have not dealt with a lot of you vendors on here but for the most part the ones that I have were excellent and wouldn't hesitate from buying from again(Trinity Autosport being one of them)

I will say this though.. some of you VENDORS need to get your act together. Members on this forum make you a lot of money. We buy in confidence that not only are we getting a good deal but also a good product as well. Customer service goes along with that.
You can have a great product but if your customer service is in the toilet than we members should not put up with it and buy elsewhere. Not retuning PM's, or emails, saying that it will be shipped by Monday but 2 or 3 weeks later still no product and /or an update is not good business.
Communication goes a LONG way!!!! As long as you, the VENDORS, maintain that dialog with us, the BUYERS, problems and frustrations would be little to none. Don't forget a happy customer is a repeat customer and ofcourse my favorite "The best form of advertisment is word of mouth"
Now we all know that situations arise and things happen but once again It is not up to any member/buyer on here to keep on asking "what up with my order or where is my tracking number...etc" YOU, the vendor, I feel is YOUR responsibility on maintaining the lines of communication open until the product is delivered. A quick short email goes a long way.

As for us members on the board I think we have a responsibility to let eachother know how your transaction went with a particular vendor... good or bad. So I propose a "Buyers Feedback Folder". What do you guys think about that idea??
Old 09-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Members

I haven't purchased anything from anyone yet, hell, I don't even have my car yet, but I can see value in your idea as I do want to do some mods to it to it after it finds its way home to mama.

One concern - something like that could RAPIDLY diverge into a flamefest. There's sense of community on this board that is nice and although sometimes people get irritated, for the most part it seems like everyone pretty much gets along. That should be preserved at all costs.

One idea - this honed from my deep dissatisfaction with the feedback system on Ebay. Make it so that there is no subjective commentary, just a list of say 5 criteria such as Customer Service, Ease of Transaction, Price, Turnaround Time, and Availability of Merchandise. (I'm sure there are other good ones I've not thought of that may be more on point). Each criterion would be rated Good, Fair, Poor. All ratings would average equally into the overall rating, but the last 5 transactions would be shown separately. All transactions would be anonymous. Anonymity prevents flame and would allow customers to be totally honest without fear of reprisal (one of the major flaws in the old Ebay system).

Finally, I think that in order to be allowed to leave feedback for a vendor there should be some sort of authentication in which the customer proves that he made a purchase, but that the provenance occurs in such a way to still maintain anonymity. That's my 2 cents! Thanks for the excellent suggestion!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i xdrive M-Sport Dark Graphite II 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic-Retired 2001 525i Titanium Silver Metallic-Retired1994 325ic Convertible Boston Green-Retired 1985 325es Dolphin Grey-Retired

That sound good...I def don't want a flamefest either. That is not what I or anyone on here is looking for. I feel we spend a lot of money on our cars and we should also get the best as in quality and service from the vendors. Any other ideas??