E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is it me

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or the E60's driving seat / arrangement is not as good ? I'm trying for the last 3 weeks to adjust it to where i want.. and failing. One week cannot get the height right and if i do my legs hitting on the lower dash. Other week i'm trying to get a nice position (legthwise) for the pedals and cannot get it to where it will be confortable for both the clutch and brake. And when i do the rake on the seat is wrong and feel like i'm on a rocket and going to take off... Not to mention the side support is not the best, when i drive aggressively i end up kissing the window ...Really starts to frustrate me.

I never had this problem with the E34 and the E39 had one of the best driving positions i've tried, fitted like a glove. Did anybody else find it abit difficult to settle in ,maybe even uncomfortable ?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spiros' post='905662' date='Jun 9 2009, 09:41 PM
or the E60's driving seat / arrangement is not as good ? I'm trying for the last 3 weeks to adjust it to where i want.. and failing. One week cannot get the height right and if i do my legs hitting on the lower dash. Other week i'm trying to get a nice position (legthwise) for the pedals and cannot get it to where it will be confortable for both the clutch and brake. And when i do the rake on the seat is wrong and feel like i'm a rocket and going to take off... Not to mention the side support is not the best, when i drive aggressively i end up kissing the window ...Really starts to frustrate me.

I never had this problem with the E34 and the E39 had one of the best driving positions i've tried, fitted like a glove. Did anybody else find it abit difficult to settle in ,maybe even uncomfortable ?
Ha ha, and i thought that was just me, ive been playing with it for a few weeks with no avail!!! i now have it near but not what i'd call comfort!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

I have comfort seats and they are a million times less comfortable than the standard seats I had in my E46 320d SE, I have spent the last 7 months trying to find the "ultimate" position.......
Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I don't agree. My E60's Comfort Seat are, to me, lots more comfortable than my E39 540i Sport's Sport Seats. Last Saturday, I drove over 300 miles at the June 6th NY/NJ/PA meet and I was always very comfortable, despite taking many, many twisties, dips, rises, etc.

But each person's comfort is specific to them. So for me, the Comfort Seats are the bomb but maybe they are not to some other members.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Black on Beige 530i

Originally Posted by spiros' post='905662' date='Jun 9 2009, 03:41 PM
or the E60's driving seat / arrangement is not as good ? I'm trying for the last 3 weeks to adjust it to where i want.. and failing. One week cannot get the height right and if i do my legs hitting on the lower dash. Other week i'm trying to get a nice position (legthwise) for the pedals and cannot get it to where it will be confortable for both the clutch and brake. And when i do the rake on the seat is wrong and feel like i'm on a rocket and going to take off... Not to mention the side support is not the best, when i drive aggressively i end up kissing the window ...Really starts to frustrate me.

well i dont know what to tell you about the perfect position, but if you want a nice position for aggressive driving pull the eat forward til the middle of your forearm touches the steering wheel
Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I am 6'4" and I have no problem, my car is the most comfortable car I have ever had. First time I ever drove for 6 hrs with no problem (meaning: no butt numbness)
Old 06-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

i think that there are too many positions available for us in these cars so the options are endless !
I finally found one that i think i most comfortable with and set to M1...
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rislar' post='905669
I have comfort seats and they are a million times less comfortable than the standard seats I had in my E46 320d SE, I have spent the last 7 months trying to find the "ultimate" position.......
And i bet you still doing some "minor" adjustments" .. I have standard seats unfortunately and no position memory ...

The other day my fiance wanted to go for a drive -for the first time- without asking me. I was out in the garden when i saw my car getting parked. I was half naked and started running towards the car yelling like an hysterical little woman and pulling my hair. She said "don't worry, didn't scratch it" ,
and i was mumbling in a semi-crying tone - "the seat ... you changed the seat ..."
Old 06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Definitely need memory seats, my wife is 5' so if I didn't have memory seats and she drove my car I would have to kill her. As I said before, I am 6'4" so there is no way we could share ANY adjustments.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='905701' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:06 PM
Definitely need memory seats, my wife is 5' so if I didn't have memory seats and she drove my car I would have to kill her. As I said before, I am 6'4" so there is no way we could share ANY adjustments.

I know mate ... i know where you coming from... I'm 6.3" and she's 5"2 ..
I think is needless to say i'm taking measurements of the current position , just in case she wants to play with fire and drive my car again ..