E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Making Changes to the E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

If you could sit in a meeting with the BMW design team what changes or additions whould you make to the E60?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Add Comfort Access (Keyless Go) and/or Engine Start button and delete the current outdated looking key. Keys are so 20th century...haha.

Bunbun.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Contributors

- Set up the windscreen wipers the right way around for right hand drive models.
- Fit some decent cup holders.
- Integrate Ipods in I-drive. I'm not buying another one until that is taken care of.
- Sort out the problem with sunlight and automatic headlights.
- Fit a bigger fuel tank.
- Change active cruise control so you can use it without the active part.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bunbun' date='Mar 28 2005, 11:09 AM
Add Comfort Access (Keyless Go) and/or Engine Start button and delete the current outdated looking key.? Keys are so 20th century...haha.

Bunbun.
[snapback]107807[/snapback]

this option is available for Sept orders

and the iPod integration is already being worked on
Old 03-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 9/04 BMW E46 / 3

Installing Pre-Safe II and III
fixing this damed armrest / handbrake colliding sucking problem
new snap-in adapters for phones you can already buy and not visit at a museum.
installing better leather quality
illumination of the zigarette lighter box
Old 03-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by roost' date='Mar 28 2005, 11:06 AM
If you could sit in a meeting with the BMW design team what changes or additions whould you make to the E60?
[snapback]107805[/snapback]
bluetooth to make it more phonebook friendly
Old 03-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

I would like to see a better nav system like alpine even a 4 year old alpine system is better.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

Internet In the Car.
There are a number of ways to do this.

I am thinking something like -- pay for BMW assist, get low-bandwidth internet. (GSM based internet, or CDPD)
Wi-Fi where available. (assume a service like hot-spot, etc) -- use navigation to shade the areas where wi-fi is available

i have seen items like this http://www.delphi.com/pdf/d/wireless_network.pdf

I would love the ability to have a mp3 player *(ipod or other device)
that could get access to my wi-fi connected computer at home to download the latest music.

thanks!
charley
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

1. Cupholders that you can actually leave a drink in without worrying it will tip over.

2. Better voice recognition.

3. No Bluetooth 5 ring dial limit, so I can leave people a voice mail when calling from car.

4. A better stereo. Also... If the car had an iPod link, I would buy an iPod.

5. Better storage space up front for various items, such as coins. My ashtray is loaded with quarters right now.

6. Comfort Access would be nice. But this is coming soon.

7. Better tires.

8. Someone had a great idea on here a while ago, about the auto wipers recognising when it rains and then closing your windows/sunroof while car is parked.... would be nice here in FL with the sudden T-storms.

9. Traffic info displayed on the Navigation screen, and option to detour traffic jams.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

One of my pet peeves are these huge trucks flying down the high dropping sand and stones which leave small chips on the front of my car, especially my windshield. Make the paint chip resistant and make the windscreen harder.

My car has sport seats which I like, but I fell they could have been a little more comfortable.

Quick Reply: Making Changes to the E60