E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Dynamic Drive Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 07:35 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 330ci
Default BMW Dynamic Drive Malfunction

Hello I own a 2005 BMW 525i. One day while driving on the Idrive system a message popped up about a dynamic drive malfunction. Also an image on the on the drivers cluster showed a car rocking to one side with an exclamation point. I have already checked the power steering fluid. Any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some reported overfill or low power steering fluid could trigger it. Mine did that several times over a few years - a message warning for a day or two and then it went away and returned 6 months later or went away, etc. Finally, it came on and never went off. A sensor went bad and the dynamic drive unit had to be replace. It could have a leak somewhere as well.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:36 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2010 535i /FBO
Model Year: 2010
Default Dynamic Valve block

Any ideas on a dynamic valve block check engine light. Looks like a sideways car I'm not sure what the part number is nor is my Indie from there you with it but I know it's the part behind the right front passenger side wheel. Used a go for pretty cheap new there over a thousand bucks any ideas