E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Machine Has Finally Landed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='419377' date='Apr 30 2007, 03:25 PM
M Sport Gear Lever Knob Update
Is that it in the cup holder?

ABC
Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='419399' date='Apr 30 2007, 04:04 PM
Is that it in the cup holder?

ABC
That must be why I've been struggling to get my gears !
Old 04-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 530D Sport Auto plus bits.

Palmo, my LCI 530d Sport is going in next week to have the HGSL fitted. Dealer needs the car for 2 days and I will be photographing all parts of the body work and particularly around the trim areas just in case they have any little accidents with the screwdriver.

Interestingly the sales guy reckons he needed to get the Sales Director to sign off on the labour to have the job done. I reckon they had the notice from BMW informing them of the problem but decided to keep quiet rather than risk delaying a sale. Obviously they are now having to take the hit on the costs as BMW had done their bit.

Fatlab
Old 04-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by Fatlab' post='419493' date='Apr 30 2007, 08:52 PM
Palmo, my LCI 530d Sport is going in next week to have the HGSL fitted. Dealer needs the car for 2 days and I will be photographing all parts of the body work and particularly around the trim areas just in case they have any little accidents with the screwdriver.

Interestingly the sales guy reckons he needed to get the Sales Director to sign off on the labour to have the job done. I reckon they had the notice from BMW informing them of the problem but decided to keep quiet rather than risk delaying a sale. Obviously they are now having to take the hit on the costs as BMW had done their bit.

Fatlab
Post some pictures when you have had this retrofitted as I'm sure there are a number of us would love to see what the HGSL looks like. Hope it goes well for you. I'm afraid I have had situations in the past when I've insisted on having things changed and wished I'd not bothered because it has caused more problems than it was worth, so won't be having the HGSL retrofitted, but good luck to you. I will be looking for some other form of compensation though.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='419377' date='Apr 30 2007, 03:25 PM
M Sport Gear Lever Knob Update
Just had call from my dealers who have been in contact with BMW UK and have now been able to identify the correct Gear Lever Knob that should have been fitted. I'm told it should arrive on Wednesday and am booked in to have it changed on Thursday. Will update after Thursday.

I am interested to hear if this has happened to any other new LCI owners with manuals or if this is an isolated case?
M Sport Gear Lever Knob Update 2
Just been to my dealers and had the M Sport Gear Lever Knob fitted which arrived with them this morning (was originally planned to have this fitted tomorrow but was able to get it done a day early). It is shorter and does give the gear change a more positive feel, apart from looking better IMHO and comes complete with the ///M Logo between the gear pattern and is covered in matching leather to that of the M Sport Steering Wheel.

I am still interested to hear if this has happened to any other new LCI M Sport owners with manuals or if mine is an isolated case?

This is the M Sport Gear Lever Knob - not the best quality of pictures but they give an idea.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='420203' date='May 2 2007, 03:20 PM
I am still interested to hear if this has happened to any other new LCI M Sport owners with manuals or if mine is an isolated case?
Hello,

I just picked up my LCI 525d M-Sport last thursday, and ever since I have been busy driving it. Now that I checked the forums I'm very happy to see your posts because I didn't realize the missing M-sport shiftknob. However, I knew missing HGSL the day I picked the car. I will call my dealer tomorrow and let him know about this, and we will see what will happen.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 525dA - Comf. seat, Hi-Fi Logic7, Navi prof, carphone prof, seat ventilation, Dynamic Drive, Active steering ++ Retrofits:- 9x20 & 10x20 BMW Style 101 w/ 255/30 ZR20 and 305/25 ZR20- 35/35 H&R sport springs - M-sport package- M5 trunk li

Beautifully.. What is different between your headlights and the LCI headlights. Your car is the first i have seen with those headlights. Can you please take som pictures with headlights ON?

Old 05-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tume' post='420222' date='May 2 2007, 04:22 PM
Hello,

I just picked up my LCI 525d M-Sport last thursday, and ever since I have been busy driving it. Now that I checked the forums I'm very happy to see your posts because I didn't realize the missing M-sport shiftknob. However, I knew missing HGSL the day I picked the car. I will call my dealer tomorrow and let him know about this, and we will see what will happen.
So, mine is not the only one then, and it seems yours is outside the UK, so maybe a more widespread problem. Glad this thread brought this problem to your attention.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMW-ALPINA' post='420262' date='May 2 2007, 05:43 PM
Beautifully.. What is different between your headlights and the LCI headlights. Your car is the first i have seen with those headlights. Can you please take som pictures with headlights ON?

My headlights ARE LCI ones, so there is no difference - all faced lifted cars are now fitted with these AFAIK. I don't have any pictures of these with them turned on. However, e60scotland has a separate thread with pictures of his 'switched on' in the dark. Take a look here http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=38979 these are exactly the same lights as mine.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '11 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity M Sport Carbon Black Cinnamon Brown Dark Bamboo Anthracite Headliner M Sports Pkg Convenience Pkg Active Steering Comfort Access Heated Front Seats Navigation Premium Hi-Fi

Nice pics - Looks great!

Quick Reply: The Machine Has Finally Landed!