E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

m5tech body kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:48 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Cold and Premium Package
Default m5tech body kit

Hey Guys, I just bought a set of the m5tech body kit from a member here. Just received it yesterday and I noticed that the front bumper PDC holes are a lot bigger than the rear bumper PDC holes. I have a 2008 535xi and the current PDC holes on my car is the smaller one like the rear bumper. Can you guys please help me on how I can still install it? I believe this is the umnitza kit, are the fog lights interchangeable from my existing bumper to the new m5tech front bumper? Anything I have to worry about for the install?
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
New Members

oh and also the front tow hook hole is missing the cover and the top grill is missing, can i just use the cover and grill from my original bumper and put it on the m5tech bumper?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi

yes you can
Old 02-09-2014, 03:13 PM
New Members

Thank you Rgortex.

Anyone have any input on the Distance Parking Control Sensors? the front bumper's holes are really big compared to the ones on my car and the rear bumper has small holes for the PDC.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I doubt the grill and tow hook will fit because you say you purchased a MTech so I assume you had a non MTech. I would imagine there is a little difference in these areas and the other main issue would be that the MTech you purchased is aftermarket and often the components are no interchangeable. BUT, why not try? The cover is easy, but the grill might take you a few minutes to get it off and compare. If your cover is not fitting and you need a new call Umnitza and maybe they will sell you the part. I know a while back they had some extras because the OEM would not fit theirs. Hopefully, you were aware of these missing parts when you purchased the MTech.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:26 PM
New Members

BTW guys just to clarify, what I meant for the grill was the kidney grill. Will the kidney grill from my oem bumper fit the m5tech?

Also anyone have any inputs on the PDC?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 535i

I don't think you can fit the smaller pdc sensors into the bigger holes with out it looking weird. I'm sure someone that knows what they are doing can fill in the wholes and redrill the right size. Don't know of anything else though.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Yes your kidney grills will fit. Just a little warning about removing them. They are a PITA to get out on a good day. So if you are anywhere near cold weather get your car in an area where you can heat it up before taking them out. If you have oem grills they are safer to remove, if their non oem more than likely you will break a few tabs. Cheap materials make for cheap customer prices and break very easily. So be warned. Heat will be your friend.

As for your larger PDC openings. If it were my car I think I would look into using the lager PDC sensors. Even if I had smaller ones in the rear. I really don't think anyone would notice this unless you told them. Filling in holes on this material just doesn't work well unless you have the correct equipment and even then it's highly questionable.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Yes your kidney grills will fit. Just a little warning about removing them. They are a PITA to get out on a good day. So if you are anywhere near cold weather get your car in an area where you can heat it up before taking them out. If you have oem grills they are safer to remove, if their non oem more than likely you will break a few tabs. Cheap materials make for cheap customer prices and break very easily. So be warned. Heat will be your friend.

As for your larger PDC openings. If it were my car I think I would look into using the lager PDC sensors. Even if I had smaller ones in the rear. I really don't think anyone would notice this unless you told them. Filling in holes on this material just doesn't work well unless you have the correct equipment and even then it's highly questionable.
This is great advice for the grills, get a hairdryer and you will definitely help yourself get them out no problem.

For the PDC, also great advice. One additional item that we've seen our shop do is actually fill in the hole completely first, then let it dry out over 2-3 days and then redrill it for a different size. Something to consider.

Originally Posted by naiza3k
Hey Guys, I just bought a set of the m5tech body kit from a member here. Just received it yesterday and I noticed that the front bumper PDC holes are a lot bigger than the rear bumper PDC holes. I have a 2008 535xi and the current PDC holes on my car is the smaller one like the rear bumper. Can you guys please help me on how I can still install it? I believe this is the umnitza kit, are the fog lights interchangeable from my existing bumper to the new m5tech front bumper? Anything I have to worry about for the install?
1) The fogs are not interchangeable, you need new ones. We offer them for $45 for the basic ones for the pair or $125 for the projectors.
2) The brackets for the fenders need to be properly installed or you'll have gaps or improper fitting.
3) The lower grill should be there, but the upper kidney grills have to be reused.
4) Your should be able to remove your PDC brackets AND PDC sensors from the old bumpers to reuse them - see above information from TonyB for help.
5) It's not likely you'll be able to fit a PDC onto it. We sometimes have spares, give us a call tomorrow and we'll try to locate one for you.

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I doubt the grill and tow hook will fit because you say you purchased a MTech so I assume you had a non MTech. I would imagine there is a little difference in these areas and the other main issue would be that the MTech you purchased is aftermarket and often the components are no interchangeable. BUT, why not try? The cover is easy, but the grill might take you a few minutes to get it off and compare. If your cover is not fitting and you need a new call Umnitza and maybe they will sell you the part. I know a while back they had some extras because the OEM would not fit theirs. Hopefully, you were aware of these missing parts when you purchased the MTech.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:53 PM
New Members

Hey Guys, Awesome thank you!

Unmitza - I will give you guys a call on Monday. Hopefully you have some of the PDC laying around. So pretty much it's just a straight swap other than the fog lights and the PDC then seems like.

Do you happen to have instructions on how to remove the front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper?

The seller originally told me that he just fit his original fog lights onto the bumper without any issues... is he just lying to me then?

Umnitza- how can I tell if the bumpers are for 08+ or 08-... I have a 08 535xi and with all the minor issues I don't know if he seller is being truthful to me or not anymore. Can you please advise how I can tell what year the bumper is?

Quick Reply: m5tech body kit