E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M5 Replica Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

For those who have the M5 bumper installed on their E60, are you experiencing any movement issues with your bumpers? The last two weeks here in Toronto been pretty hot around 28 C - 30 C. I noticed my bumper is moving or dropping forward where you can see an opening under the right headlight please see the attached picture the part labeled 2. Once I push the bumper back it sits properly until I leave the car out in the heat again for couple of hours then it drops again. When the body shop installed the bumper, they had to shave the padding behind the bumper to sit properly but they also noticed the two screws in the middle of the bumper do not line up where the original bumper was screwed so they could not use them (refer to number 3 on the picture). I think by not using the two center screws the bumper will not hold up properly. What have you guys done to fix this problem? I spoke to the body shop owner really good guy and is willing to do whatever to fix this problem, he told me the only way they were able to hold this bumper is by the side screws or bracket (refer to number 1 on the picture) and the 5 screws on top of the bumper underneath the hood (refer to number 4).

Your recommendations please and if you have pictures it would be good.
Attached Thumbnails M5 Replica Front Bumper-m5-bumper.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Wow, that's horrible. Whose replica is it? I'd contact them and see what's going on.

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 06-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I haven't noticed anything with my bumper and I live where it's MUCH hotter. This time of year SoCal is pretty hot, should be in the 90s this weekend. I don;t really see the gap you're referring to in the pic, maybe some better pics would help? Good luck
Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Wow, that's horrible. Whose replica is it? I'd contact them and see what's going on.

Michael
Acute Performance

I'm wondering if it's the replica or the installer...
Old 06-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Are you using the factory foam front end bumper enforcement? Maybe the bodyshop forgot to install it
Old 06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

That's what the body shop had to shave for the bumper to fit. The factory foam is installed.

Originally Posted by Cwest
Are you using the factory foam front end bumper enforcement? Maybe the bodyshop forgot to install it
Old 06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Senior Members

This is an old picture that I'm refering to. I never took any pics when the bumper moved.

Originally Posted by pjinca
I haven't noticed anything with my bumper and I live where it's MUCH hotter. This time of year SoCal is pretty hot, should be in the 90s this weekend. I don;t really see the gap you're referring to in the pic, maybe some better pics would help? Good luck
Old 06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by balbs
I'm wondering if it's the replica or the installer...
it is usurly the installer and not the parts that do not fit it on well.
The parts can always be custom fit.
I have seen some Mtech bumper which only has 4 screws to hold it up. :thumbsdown:
Old 06-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Moopai
That's what the body shop had to shave for the bumper to fit. The factory foam is installed.
I never had to shave mine when i installed my M5 rep bumper.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530iA 04

it`s nothing to do with weather conditions, it`s just installers curved hands

Quick Reply: M5 Replica Front Bumper