E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

M Spoiler Installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by RMcoolX
I had mine installed at a BMW dealer body shop, so I'm no expert at it by any means. I will say, however, that it looks to me like yours is a little more forward than it should be. Take a look at mine for comparison.

Attachment 122078

...but if yours does not come loose from the tape as mine did after about 4 weeks, then perhaps yours is right and mine is wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix the fact that my spoiler is coming up off the car at both ends? Has this happened to anyone else? It still looks good on the car, but looks cheap at the same time! :thumbsdown:

Attachment 122079

Attachment 122080
You could trying removing the spoiler and applying new 3m tape. Make sure you clean the both surfaces well with alcohol or a material that is used to prep a car just before paint. I can't remember the name of it at the moment... If your spoiler is aftermarket, it could be that the form/shape is not matching up to the deck lid adding unwanted pressure. This problem could get worse from the heat as well...
Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Looks good.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Members

Congrats on new mod, it looks good now that you moved it back little.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
You could trying removing the spoiler and applying new 3m tape. Make sure you clean the both surfaces well with alcohol or a material that is used to prep a car just before paint. I can't remember the name of it at the moment... If your spoiler is aftermarket, it could be that the form/shape is not matching up to the deck lid adding unwanted pressure. This problem could get worse from the heat as well...
I'll try and clean it and re-install with new tape. What kind of 3M tape? Thx
Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

added to my must get list ...modding never ends
Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did this cost and where did you guys get yours? I have a 535i in Alpine White and am interested in this.. especially since my neighbor has practically the same car. I like the look in general and am also dying to make my car look a bit more different... even if my wife doesn't want me spending money to do anything right now..
Old 06-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Members

My Ride: e60
Model Year: 2005

I just picked up an M spoiler as well, but it still has tape from the previous install. How did you remove the tape when you decided to move the spoiler back?? I think your new position looks badass, and im gonna go with it!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Members

My Ride: e60
Model Year: 2005

Ive been looking at pictures of M5's for a couple weeks now, and i have seen alot of M5's spoilers positioned as yours in the first pictures, but I think your new position looks way better.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Members

Car looks good now you gotta paint the garage.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by PrimeTimeTSA
Ive been looking at pictures of M5's for a couple weeks now, and i have seen alot of M5's spoilers positioned as yours in the first pictures, but I think your new position looks way better.
Doubt they're real M5s then. The real M5s have it positioned closer to his second set of pics.

Quick Reply: M Spoiler Installation